Old August 27th 03, 01:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default We Underground London

Has anyone seen the long adverts on TV about the tube. It features loads of
people saying stuff like We Love (heart) the Movies and then at the it says
we Love (heart) london. Then it says we (underground roundel) london.
Couldnt this money be better spent on improving the service or prehaps one
that makes you want to travel by tube by comparing it with traffic jams or
saying how nice (yeah right!) it is

--
To reply direct, Remove NOSPAM and Replace with 21fun
For the latest News, Information and Photos check out

Old August 27th 03, 09:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

In message , Joe Patrick
writes
Has anyone seen the long adverts on TV about the tube. It features
loads of people saying stuff like We Love (heart) the Movies and then
at the it says we Love (heart) london. Then it says we (underground
roundel) london. Couldnt this money be better spent on improving the
service or prehaps one that makes you want to travel by tube by
comparing it with traffic jams or saying how nice (yeah right!) it is

Thinking about it. A system they claim to be overstretched and too many
people using it already. It seems a bit strange to advertise and
encourage people to use it.......
--
CJG
Old August 27th 03, 11:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Hi,

John Rowland wrote:
"CJG" wrote in message

Thinking about it. A system they claim to be overstretched
and too many people using it already. It seems a bit strange
to advertise and encourage people to use it.......

I don't think any of the adverts encourage people to use the tube to get to
work. Instead they are targetting Sunday and other off-peak hours.

I was vaguely amused by the "You love a sunday service" one :-)

Luke

Old August 29th 03, 09:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Alan O'Brien" wrote in message

"Joe Patrick" wrote in message
Has anyone seen the long adverts on TV about the tube. It features loads

of
people saying stuff like We Love (heart) the Movies and then at the it

says
we Love (heart) london. Then it says we (underground roundel) london.
Couldnt this money be better spent on improving the service or prehaps

one
that makes you want to travel by tube by comparing it with traffic jams

or
saying how nice (yeah right!) it is

I think the money for advertising should go on hospitals.

;-)

Old August 29th 03, 07:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 06:21:32 +0100, "Alan O'Brien"
wrote:

"Joe Patrick" wrote in message
Has anyone seen the long adverts on TV about the tube. It features loads

of
people saying stuff like We Love (heart) the Movies and then at the it

says
we Love (heart) london. Then it says we (underground roundel) london.
Couldnt this money be better spent on improving the service or prehaps one
that makes you want to travel by tube by comparing it with traffic jams or
saying how nice (yeah right!) it is

I think the money for advertising should go on hospitals.

Why do hospitals need to advertise?

Rob.
--
rob at robertwoolley dot co dot uk

Old August 29th 03, 08:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

"Joe Patrick" wrote in message
Has anyone seen the long adverts on TV about the tube. It features

loads
of
people saying stuff like We Love (heart) the Movies and then at the it

says
we Love (heart) london. Then it says we (underground roundel) london.
Couldnt this money be better spent on improving the service or prehaps

one
that makes you want to travel by tube by comparing it with traffic jams

or
saying how nice (yeah right!) it is

I think the money for advertising should go on hospitals.

Why do hospitals need to advertise?

Presumably so that the sick and injured can make informed choices about
which is the most suitable institution for their needs.

Old September 5th 03, 05:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

How about using the income to keep the TfL Routemaster refurbishment
programme going........That would allow thousands of Citizens to keep fit by
jumping on/off the Rooties platform in perpetuiity