Old February 5th 08, 08:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

Default East London Line is Closed

Yeah we know! Are we really going to have to be reminded until summer 2010?

Old February 5th 08, 09:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
Yeah we know! Are we really going to have to be reminded until summer 2010?

The funny thing about these announcements is that the East London Line
is closed permanently as an Underground line.
--
Michael Hoffman
Old February 5th 08, 09:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Feb 5, 10:12*pm, Michael Hoffman wrote:
wrote:
Yeah we know! Are we really going to have to be reminded until summer 2010?

The funny thing about these announcements is that the East London Line
is closed permanently as an Underground line.

Not while the replacement buses are running, which are, of course, a
perfectly adequate substitute, offering exactly the same journey
possibilities.
Old February 5th 08, 10:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
Yeah we know! Are we really going to have to be reminded until
summer 2010?

The funny thing about these announcements is that the East London
Line is closed permanently as an Underground line.

Not while the replacement buses are running, which are, of course, a
perfectly adequate substitute, offering exactly the same journey
possibilities.

Unless you want to cross the river?

Old February 5th 08, 10:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

wrote:
Yeah we know! Are we really going to have to be reminded until
summer 2010?

The funny thing about these announcements is that the East London
Line is closed permanently as an Underground line.

Not while the replacement buses are running, which are, of course, a
perfectly adequate substitute, offering exactly the same journey
possibilities.

Unless you want to cross the river?

Ah, why didn't anyone think of that? Better tell TfL.

Old February 5th 08, 10:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Feb 5, 11:02 pm, "Obadiah Jones" wrote:
Unless you want to cross the river?

There's a river?

--
Abi
nobody tells me these things
Old February 5th 08, 11:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008, Abigail Brady wrote:

On Feb 5, 11:02 pm, "Obadiah Jones" wrote:

Unless you want to cross the river?

There's a river?

He must mean the Thames Strait. There *is* some kind of land on the other
side - you can see it if you stand on the waterfront at Embankment.
Running trains across it, though, is pure fantasy - where on earth would
people be going? Might as well run trains to Scotland!

tom

--
Baby got a masterplan. A foolproof masterplan.