London Banter

-   -   Jubilee line - broken again (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/6174-jubilee-line-broken-again.html)

[email protected] February 6th 08 09:18 AM

Jubilee line - broken again

What's the matter with the Jubilee line at the moment? It seems to
have really gone down hill since Christmas. I had to go the long way
round to work again this morning and it's starting to become a little
tedious.

MJG

MIG February 6th 08 09:24 AM

Jubilee line - broken again

On 6 Feb, 10:18, wrote:
What's the matter with the Jubilee line at the moment? It seems to
have really gone down hill since Christmas. I had to go the long way
round to work again this morning and it's starting to become a little
tedious.

MJG

I think London was broken this morning.

The DLR wasn't going to Bank for a long time, or anywhere (ticking
down from 2 minutes, then jumping back to 2 again). I heard an
announcement about Bank being closed for half an hour.

Some general problem I assume. Latest reports only seem to mention
Jubilee.

chunky munky February 6th 08 09:31 AM

Jubilee line - broken again

On Feb 6, 10:24 am, MIG wrote:
On 6 Feb, 10:18, wrote:

What's the matter with the Jubilee line at the moment? It seems to
have really gone down hill since Christmas. I had to go the long way
round to work again this morning and it's starting to become a little
tedious.

MJG

I think London was broken this morning.

The DLR wasn't going to Bank for a long time, or anywhere (ticking
down from 2 minutes, then jumping back to 2 again). I heard an
announcement about Bank being closed for half an hour.

Some general problem I assume. Latest reports only seem to mention
Jubilee.

Power Supply problems on both days.
Today there were also then a number of trains stuck and then unable to
move after, as a consequence of loss of Traction Current.

kytelly February 6th 08 10:43 AM

Jubilee line - broken again

On 6 Feb, 10:24, MIG wrote:
On 6 Feb, 10:18, wrote:

What's the matter with the Jubilee line at the moment? It seems to
have really gone down hill since Christmas. I had to go the long way
round to work again this morning and it's starting to become a little
tedious.

MJG

I think London was broken this morning.

The DLR wasn't going to Bank for a long time, or anywhere (ticking
down from 2 minutes, then jumping back to 2 again). *I heard an
announcement about Bank being closed for half an hour.

Some general problem I assume. *Latest reports only seem to mention
Jubilee.

Just the Jubilee. DLR was affected as Bank was too crowded. But yes
Jubilee has been rubbish recently. Mind you the DLR seems to have a
pretty low frequency on the Lewisham branch as well unless its always
been like that.

alex_t February 6th 08 07:26 PM

Jubilee line - broken again

DLR Stratford branch was ridiculously overloaded today as people used
it as a replacement for Jubilee line. Which reminds me of an idiocy of
having 5 minutes service on Stratford branch between peak hours, but
not during them! (and it is a permanent timetable now! what's the
point?)

Oh, yes, and the new footbridge to Central line closed less then two
months after opening with the sign "multiple hazards area" (???!)

MIG February 6th 08 07:52 PM

Jubilee line - broken again

On Feb 6, 8:26*pm, alex_t wrote:
DLR Stratford branch was ridiculously overloaded today as people used
it as a replacement for Jubilee line. Which reminds me of an idiocy of
having 5 minutes service on Stratford branch between peak hours, but
not during them! (and it is a permanent timetable now! what's the
point?)

Oh, yes, and the new footbridge to Central line closed less then two
months after opening with the sign "multiple hazards area" (???!)

I didn't realise what a major problem it was till I saw the huge
crowds waiting for buses along the Jubilee route this evening. I just
assumed it was a morning problem that would have been fixed.

Is there a prognosis, does anyone know?

chunky munky February 6th 08 08:05 PM

Jubilee line - broken again

On Feb 6, 8:52 pm, MIG wrote:
On Feb 6, 8:26 pm, alex_t wrote:

DLR Stratford branch was ridiculously overloaded today as people used
it as a replacement for Jubilee line. Which reminds me of an idiocy of
having 5 minutes service on Stratford branch between peak hours, but
not during them! (and it is a permanent timetable now! what's the
point?)

Oh, yes, and the new footbridge to Central line closed less then two
months after opening with the sign "multiple hazards area" (???!)

I didn't realise what a major problem it was till I saw the huge
crowds waiting for buses along the Jubilee route this evening. I just
assumed it was a morning problem that would have been fixed.

Is there a prognosis, does anyone know?

The trouble this morning was due to a power failure that stalled some
trains. When power was restored some trains were unable to move.

Later on there were a number of trains with earths.

[email protected] February 6th 08 08:28 PM

Jubilee line - broken again

So what's causing all these electrical issues? Or is it just a
coincidence that there was trouble both this morning and this evening?

Tim Roll-Pickering February 6th 08 09:22 PM

Jubilee line - broken again

alex_t wrote:

[Stratford]
Oh, yes, and the new footbridge to Central line closed less then two
months after opening with the sign "multiple hazards area" (???!)

The sign I saw the other day implied that it was due to accessibility
issues. I did wonder why the footbridge was built with only steps in this
day and age.

alex_t February 7th 08 08:47 AM

Jubilee line - broken again

The sign I saw the other day implied that it was due to accessibility
issues. I did wonder why the footbridge was built with only steps in this
day and age.

I wonder why did they close it completely then? I mean, you can build
a ramp without closing the existing thing...

And why the hell did they not think about that from the beginning?
Then again, it's DLR - they got reasonably reliable (stinky dirty)
trains, but everything else is rubbish.