Old February 6th 08, 09:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Jubilee line - broken again

What's the matter with the Jubilee line at the moment? It seems to
have really gone down hill since Christmas. I had to go the long way
round to work again this morning and it's starting to become a little
tedious.

MJG

Old February 6th 08, 09:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 6 Feb, 10:18, wrote:
What's the matter with the Jubilee line at the moment? It seems to
have really gone down hill since Christmas. I had to go the long way
round to work again this morning and it's starting to become a little
tedious.

MJG

I think London was broken this morning.

The DLR wasn't going to Bank for a long time, or anywhere (ticking
down from 2 minutes, then jumping back to 2 again). I heard an
announcement about Bank being closed for half an hour.

Some general problem I assume. Latest reports only seem to mention
Jubilee.
Old February 6th 08, 09:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Feb 6, 10:24 am, MIG wrote:
On 6 Feb, 10:18, wrote:

What's the matter with the Jubilee line at the moment? It seems to
have really gone down hill since Christmas. I had to go the long way
round to work again this morning and it's starting to become a little
tedious.

MJG

I think London was broken this morning.

The DLR wasn't going to Bank for a long time, or anywhere (ticking
down from 2 minutes, then jumping back to 2 again). I heard an
announcement about Bank being closed for half an hour.

Some general problem I assume. Latest reports only seem to mention
Jubilee.

Power Supply problems on both days.
Today there were also then a number of trains stuck and then unable to
move after, as a consequence of loss of Traction Current.
Old February 6th 08, 10:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 6 Feb, 10:24, MIG wrote:
On 6 Feb, 10:18, wrote:

What's the matter with the Jubilee line at the moment? It seems to
have really gone down hill since Christmas. I had to go the long way
round to work again this morning and it's starting to become a little
tedious.

MJG

I think London was broken this morning.

The DLR wasn't going to Bank for a long time, or anywhere (ticking
down from 2 minutes, then jumping back to 2 again). *I heard an
announcement about Bank being closed for half an hour.

Some general problem I assume. *Latest reports only seem to mention
Jubilee.

Just the Jubilee. DLR was affected as Bank was too crowded. But yes
Jubilee has been rubbish recently. Mind you the DLR seems to have a
pretty low frequency on the Lewisham branch as well unless its always
been like that.
Old February 6th 08, 07:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

DLR Stratford branch was ridiculously overloaded today as people used
it as a replacement for Jubilee line. Which reminds me of an idiocy of
having 5 minutes service on Stratford branch between peak hours, but
not during them! (and it is a permanent timetable now! what's the
point?)

Oh, yes, and the new footbridge to Central line closed less then two
months after opening with the sign "multiple hazards area" (???!)

Old February 6th 08, 07:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Feb 6, 8:26*pm, alex_t wrote:
DLR Stratford branch was ridiculously overloaded today as people used
it as a replacement for Jubilee line. Which reminds me of an idiocy of
having 5 minutes service on Stratford branch between peak hours, but
not during them! (and it is a permanent timetable now! what's the
point?)

Oh, yes, and the new footbridge to Central line closed less then two
months after opening with the sign "multiple hazards area" (???!)

I didn't realise what a major problem it was till I saw the huge
crowds waiting for buses along the Jubilee route this evening. I just
assumed it was a morning problem that would have been fixed.

Is there a prognosis, does anyone know?
Old February 6th 08, 08:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Feb 6, 8:52 pm, MIG wrote:
On Feb 6, 8:26 pm, alex_t wrote:

DLR Stratford branch was ridiculously overloaded today as people used
it as a replacement for Jubilee line. Which reminds me of an idiocy of
having 5 minutes service on Stratford branch between peak hours, but
not during them! (and it is a permanent timetable now! what's the
point?)

Oh, yes, and the new footbridge to Central line closed less then two
months after opening with the sign "multiple hazards area" (???!)

I didn't realise what a major problem it was till I saw the huge
crowds waiting for buses along the Jubilee route this evening. I just
assumed it was a morning problem that would have been fixed.

Is there a prognosis, does anyone know?

The trouble this morning was due to a power failure that stalled some
trains. When power was restored some trains were unable to move.

Later on there were a number of trains with earths.
Old February 6th 08, 08:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

So what's causing all these electrical issues? Or is it just a
coincidence that there was trouble both this morning and this evening?

Old February 6th 08, 09:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

alex_t wrote:

[Stratford]
Oh, yes, and the new footbridge to Central line closed less then two
months after opening with the sign "multiple hazards area" (???!)

The sign I saw the other day implied that it was due to accessibility
issues. I did wonder why the footbridge was built with only steps in this
day and age.

Old February 7th 08, 08:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

The sign I saw the other day implied that it was due to accessibility
issues. I did wonder why the footbridge was built with only steps in this
day and age.

I wonder why did they close it completely then? I mean, you can build
a ramp without closing the existing thing...

And why the hell did they not think about that from the beginning?
Then again, it's DLR - they got reasonably reliable (stinky dirty)
trains, but everything else is rubbish.