Old February 24th 08, 02:52 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

Default How to terminate a North-South HSL in London?

"Peter Masson" wrote in message

"Martin Edwards" wrote

(Glasgow - Harwich through train)

I think it was a bit too complicated. It involved a switch from
electric engine to diesel at Willesden.

It was electric-hauled throughout. I think it was before the ECML
electrification, so the Edinburgh portion was diesel-hauled to Carstairs.

When was the NLL AC electrification?
--
David Biddulph

Old February 25th 08, 02:29 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

David Biddulph wrote:
"Peter Masson" wrote in message
"Martin Edwards" wrote

(Glasgow - Harwich through train)
I think it was a bit too complicated. It involved a switch from
electric engine to diesel at Willesden.

It was electric-hauled throughout. I think it was before the ECML
electrification, so the Edinburgh portion was diesel-hauled to Carstairs.

When was the NLL AC electrification?
--
David Biddulph

I didn't want to start a flame, but I'm sure he's wrong about that.

--
Corporate society looks after everything. All it asks of anyone, all it
has ever asked of anyone, is that they do not interfere with management