Old August 28th 03, 08:02 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.transport

Default BBC's UK's Worst

Just Featured a man complaining about the noise on the North Circular, a
woman complaining about trams and a family whos garden got sucked in a hole
by the CTRL works. CTRL won and featured Howard who was put infront of a
video clip putting the award in a tunnel.

--
To reply direct, Remove NOSPAM and Replace with 21fun
For the latest News, Information and Photos check out

Old August 28th 03, 08:07 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.transport

"Joe Patrick" wrote in message ...
Just Featured a man complaining about the noise on the North Circular, a
woman complaining about trams and a family whos garden got sucked in a hole
by the CTRL works. CTRL won and featured Howard who was put infront of a
video clip putting the award in a tunnel.

Howard, all the show's producers, and the very concept of it could do with being put in a very long tunnel....

--
*** http://www.railwayscene.co.uk/ *** - updated 19 August
Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin.co.uk)

Old August 28th 03, 08:08 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.transport

Joe Patrick wrote:
Just Featured a man complaining about the noise on the North
Circular, a woman complaining about trams and a family whos garden
got sucked in a hole by the CTRL works. CTRL won and featured Howard
who was put infront of a video clip putting the award in a tunnel.

Er, worst what? Worst TV programme, it would seem.
--
Richard J.
Old August 28th 03, 08:17 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.transport

Er, worst what? Worst TV programme, it would seem.

Worst Homes Under Siege

Old August 28th 03, 09:05 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.transport
CJG CJG is offline

In message , Joe Patrick
writes
Just Featured a man complaining about the noise on the North Circular,
a woman complaining about trams and a family whos garden got sucked in
a hole by the CTRL works. CTRL won and featured Howard who was put
infront of a video clip putting the award in a tunnel.

North Circular and trams were there before the people moved in. The
woman with the trams said she didn't really think about the trams when
she moved in. Like duh......
As for the CTRL............. I too would be a bit worried to see the
earth open up and swallow my garden. Don't they check these things
before they start digging huge holes?
--
CJG

Old August 28th 03, 09:26 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.transport

Joe Patrick wrote:

Just Featured a man complaining about the noise on the North Circular, a
woman complaining about trams and a family whos garden got sucked in a hole
by the CTRL works. CTRL won and featured Howard who was put infront of a
video clip putting the award in a tunnel.

Never understood this kind of wingeing ****e.

I mean, you _know_ if you buy a house on the North Circular or a railway
line that it's going to be noisy. And I'm sure the price paid also
reflected this.

--
Steve H
http://www.italiancar.co.uk - Honda VFR800
Old August 28th 03, 09:35 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.transport

"SteveH" wrote in message . ..
Joe Patrick wrote:

Just Featured a man complaining about the noise on the North Circular, a
woman complaining about trams and a family whos garden got sucked in a hole
by the CTRL works. CTRL won and featured Howard who was put infront of a
video clip putting the award in a tunnel.

Never understood this kind of wingeing ****e.

I mean, you _know_ if you buy a house on the North Circular or a railway
line that it's going to be noisy. And I'm sure the price paid also
reflected this.

At the time the chap moved into the house by the North Circular, 41 years ago, it was just a regular street, so it's something that
has happened while he's been living there. It's true about the woman who lived next to Metrolink, however, as it emerged during the
"judging" that she knew full well the line was there when she moved - presumably the property price would reflect this. If you know
what's there when you move somewhere, you've got no right to whinge about it - my parents have lived next to the ECML for 35 years
and I've never once heard them complain about the traffic, as they were perfectly happy with it when they decided to buy the house.

Old August 28th 03, 10:11 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.transport

(SteveH) wrote the following in:

Joe Patrick wrote:

Just Featured a man complaining about the noise on the North
Circular, a woman complaining about trams and a family whos
garden got sucked in a hole by the CTRL works. CTRL won and
featured Howard who was put infront of a video clip putting the
award in a tunnel.

Never understood this kind of wingeing ****e.

I mean, you _know_ if you buy a house on the North Circular or a
railway line that it's going to be noisy. And I'm sure the price
paid also reflected this.

My thoughts exactly, and I have similar thoughts about people who buy
houses under the Heathrow flightpath and then complain they get planes
flying overhead. Although I think it is very different for the man
living by the North Circular (which just so happens to be my email
address) as in this case he'd bought the house when it was by a two
lane single carriageway.

It was also different for the people affected by the Channel Tunnel
Rail Link. The tunnel passed underneath their house and caused a
massive hole the size of a house to appear in their back gardens. Not
only did this ruin their gardens and put lives at risk (luckily no one
was hurt, but if someone had been in their garden at the time then
they'd have been in serious trouble) but it also caused structural
damage to their houses. They had no reason to expect this would happen
when they bought their houses and even if they'd known about the rail
link, they still couldn't have expected that sort of thing to happen.

I had no sympathy whatsoever for the woman living by the tram line
though. She'd known about it when she bought it and gave a weak excuse
along the lines of "I liked the garden and the size, and the trams have
got louder since I bought the house". If you're worried about noise,
don't buy a house next to a tram line! Pretty simple, I'd have thought.

--
message by Robin May, founder of International Boyism
"Would Inspector Sands please go to the Operations Room immediately."

Unofficially immune to hangovers.
Old August 28th 03, 11:30 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.transport

Robin May, founder of International Boyism wrote:-
It was also different for the people affected by the Channel Tunnel
Rail Link. The tunnel passed underneath their house and caused a
massive hole the size of a house to appear in their back gardens. Not
only did this ruin their gardens and put lives at risk (luckily no one
was hurt, but if someone had been in their garden at the time then
they'd have been in serious trouble) but it also caused structural
damage to their houses. They had no reason to expect this would happen
when they bought their houses and even if they'd known about the rail
link, they still couldn't have expected that sort of thing to happen.

Nobody, so far, has mentioned that there were apparently old wells at the
back of the house and it was they which had caused the void into which the
house almost fell. True it might not have happened if the CTRL machine
hadn't been boring under the gardens but it would be nice if people would
give ALL the facts occasionally !!
Barry Emmott

---

Old August 29th 03, 03:01 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.transport

In article , Robin May
writes
My thoughts exactly, and I have similar thoughts about people who buy
houses under the Heathrow flightpath and then complain they get planes
flying overhead. Although I think it is very different for the man
living by the North Circular (which just so happens to be my email
address) as in this case he'd bought the house when it was by a two
lane single carriageway.

Why different? According to your line of reasoning, one shouldn't
complain about increasing interference unless you moved in 40-off years
ago when it was a rural idyll. It's an argument I'll enjoy using twenty
years from now when the fifth and sixth runways are being pushed through
at Heathrow.

--
Martin @ Strawberry Hill

Worst Welcome MaxB London Transport 15 March 14th 06 09:57 AM
Worst ten commutes Dave Arquati London Transport 9 December 13th 04 09:30 AM
Which bus-stop is best? Which is worst? Sir Benjamin Nunn London Transport 0 September 16th 04 11:30 AM
Worst map ever John Rowland London Transport 2 February 24th 04 08:25 PM
The Worst Tube Station in London....were is it... ronnie biggs London Transport 56 July 29th 03 06:54 PM