Old February 22nd 08, 01:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default National Express adverts on the Tube

I've seen some of the new adverts for National Express Coaches in
Underground carriages. None of them mentions 'coaches' at all - but
they all show a picture of a (model) train.
Are they being deceitful?

Old February 22nd 08, 01:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Feb 22, 2:36 am, Offramp wrote:
I've seen some of the new adverts for National Express Coaches in
Underground carriages. None of them mentions 'coaches' at all - but
they all show a picture of a (model) train.
Are they being deceitful?

My mistake - and an apology to National Express, who own a railway
line - East Coast.

Old February 22nd 08, 11:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Offramp" wrote in message
On Feb 22, 2:36 am, Offramp wrote:
I've seen some of the new adverts for National Express Coaches in
Underground carriages. None of them mentions 'coaches' at all - but
they all show a picture of a (model) train.
Are they being deceitful?

My mistake - and an apology to National Express, who own a railway
line - East Coast.

Also 'one', c2c, and Gatwick Express (until June).

Previously they ran Central Trains and Midland Mainline.

Perhaps that explains their sudden wish to rebrand themselves...

Paul S

Old February 22nd 08, 12:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 22 Feb, 12:49, "Paul Scott" wrote:
"Offramp" wrote in message

On Feb 22, 2:36 am, Offramp wrote:
I've seen some of the new adverts for National Express Coaches in
Underground carriages. None of them mentions 'coaches' at all - but
they all show a picture of a (model) train.
Are they being deceitful?

My mistake - and an apology to National Express, who own a railway
line - East Coast.

Also 'one', c2c, and Gatwick Express (until June).

Previously they ran Central Trains and Midland Mainline.

Perhaps that explains their sudden wish to rebrand themselves...

Paul S

Don't forget Silverlink, that bizarre two headed beast. Sure, County
might have been good, but Metro was appalling - in much of north
London Silverlink became a byword for decay and grime.

By the by, is c2c going to being rebranded, and if so to what and
when? Will it be a toungue twisting tangler like National Express
South Essex? (Sounds like a bus company... I suppose it is though!)

Old February 22nd 08, 12:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mizter T wrote:
By the by, is c2c going to being rebranded, and if so to what and
when? Will it be a toungue twisting tangler like National Express
South Essex? (Sounds like a bus company... I suppose it is though!)

Supposedly going to be done later this year, although I've not heard
what the new name will be.

They have now dropped the "way2go" strap line for NX standard "Making
Travel Simpler" though.
Old February 22nd 08, 12:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 22 Feb, 13:00, Mizter T wrote:
Don't forget Silverlink, that bizarre two headed beast. Sure, County
might have been good, but Metro was appalling - in much of north
London Silverlink became a byword for decay and grime.

And Scotrail, Wessex, WAGN and Wales & Borders.

By the by, is c2c going to being rebranded, and if so to what and
when? Will it be a toungue twisting tangler like National Express
South Essex? (Sounds like a bus company... I suppose it is though!)

The last issue of Modern Railways says "Some of the businesses will
require careful handling [...] we're working on a creative solution
for c2c rail services". Contrast with the rush to get shot of the
'one' brand.

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London

Old February 22nd 08, 04:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

The last issue of Modern Railways says "Some of the businesses will
require careful handling [...] we're working on a creative solution
for c2c rail services". Contrast with the rush to get shot of the
'one' brand.

I still can't q

Perhaps use a ticket machine, or the internet?

Old February 22nd 08, 04:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 22 Feb, 17:09, "Lew 1" wrote:
The last issue of Modern Railways says "Some of the businesses will
require careful handling [...] we're working on a creative solution
for c2c rail services". Contrast with the rush to get shot of the
'one' brand.

I still can't q

Perhaps use a ticket machine, or the internet?

Or an Oyster card - only on a few National Rail routes of course!

Being serious, I had written - and thought I had successfully posted -
a rant about just how stupid I though the 'one' railway name was.
Perhaps National Express Group plc know people in high places, so had
the rest of my post expunged...