Old September 1st 03, 11:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default oyster conundrum

"David Walters" wrote in message

Sounds like you will be best buying the ticket from a touch screen
machine when you need it.

is that possible atm?

Old September 1st 03, 12:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 12:50:21 +0100, spammy wrote:
"David Walters" wrote in message

Sounds like you will be best buying the ticket from a touch screen
machine when you need it.

is that possible atm?

If I put my Oyster against the reader on a touch screen machine it
gives me the option of renewing the ticket. I haven't actually done
it but I'm sure someone on here said they had.

David
Old September 1st 03, 12:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"David Walters" wrote in message
On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 12:50:21 +0100, spammy wrote:
"David Walters" wrote in message

Sounds like you will be best buying the ticket from a touch screen
machine when you need it.

is that possible atm?

If I put my Oyster against the reader on a touch screen machine it
gives me the option of renewing the ticket. I haven't actually done
it but I'm sure someone on here said they had.

I've renewed using a touch screen machine, despite the insistence from the
guy in the ticket office that the only way was over the 'net!

Old September 1st 03, 10:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 13:13:34 +0100, David Walters
wrote:

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 12:50:21 +0100, spammy wrote:
"David Walters" wrote in message

Sounds like you will be best buying the ticket from a touch screen
machine when you need it.

is that possible atm?

If I put my Oyster against the reader on a touch screen machine it
gives me the option of renewing the ticket. I haven't actually done
it but I'm sure someone on here said they had.

My reminder e-mail suggested that I renew over the Internet to avoid
the queues, from which I inferred that queuing for a touch-screen was
an option! Also a few weeks ago I put my Oyster next to a
touch-screen and it offered me the option of renewing the ticket.

I've just renewed mine through the web site: it's actually quite a
clunky process, and the site desperately needs a button jus to get
another month of whatever you've already got (if you see what I mean).
So I'll probably try the touch-screen approach next time round

Martin