Old April 11th 08, 05:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 2009 Stock loading gauge

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008, Q wrote:

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
h.li...

I have invented a folding pantograph which sellotapes on the front of the
tube train.

Hmm ok. so that's the pan sorted, what about the switch gear, transformers
and the rest of the traction package

Ah, a diode to rectify, a capacitor to smooth it out a bit, and a resistor
to dump most of the voltage, then you just put 750 V into the existing
traction system. Problem solved!

See now I have visions of a lil train making a bid for freedom and
turning up at LST one day as my train home!

The next step is to cut down a diesel powerpack enough to get it through
the doors, then we're off to Bristol ...

tom

--
Ed editor textorum probatissimus est -- Cicero, De officiis IV.7