Old April 11th 08, 02:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London Buses - Why do I bother?

On Apr 11, 3:00 pm, Boltar wrote:
On Apr 11, 2:30 pm, Sarah Brown

wrote:
It occured to me the other day, while standing on the eastbound circle
platform at Baker Street, staring at the unchanging incidactor reading
simply, "Circle and Whitechapel Lines" for *quarter of an hour*, that
if I heard the phrase, "There is currently a good service on all
London Underground lines" one more time, that no jury would convict if

I think one train every 15 mins does count as good service on the
Circle Line )

B2003

It's actually a 20 minute wait is Minor delays and a 30 min wait is
Severe delays. There have been many occasions where the line delivery
staff have contacted the network operations centre to advise them,
then they have refused. It's all political. Station staff then have to
deal with the ****ed off passengers who have lanned their journey in
accordance with the delays messages they have seen on route and have
now been delayed. Luckily the more old school station staff, rather
than the boil in the bag yes men and women actually use their common
sense and turn off the PA system, until some manager complains (or Tim
OToole gets accosted by passengers).

Sarah, the dot matrix there at Baker St can only display trains once
they leave Edgware Road, then the otherside of Edgware Road, nothing
at all can be seen!
Old April 11th 08, 07:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
chunky munky wrote:

Sarah, the dot matrix there at Baker St can only display trains once
they leave Edgware Road, then the otherside of Edgware Road, nothing
at all can be seen!

I figured something like that was happening, as the first we knew
there was a train was when it said "1 min", and I could see it by
looking up the tunnel.