Old April 14th 08, 12:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Kensal Rise

I notice that there is a metal roundel stuck on a door on the outside of the
station, facing towards Purves Road. It doesn't look like a sign for public
information purposes... Is it new, and what does it signify?

Old April 14th 08, 10:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 14 Apr, 01:54, "John Rowland"
wrote:
I notice that there is a metal roundel stuck on a door on the outside of the
station, facing towards Purves Road. It doesn't look like a sign for public
information purposes... Is it new, and what does it signify?

Simply that Kensal Rise is now TfL territory perhaps?
Old April 15th 08, 08:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Mizter T wrote:
On 14 Apr, 01:54, "John Rowland"
wrote:
I notice that there is a metal roundel stuck on a door on the
outside of the station, facing towards Purves Road. It doesn't look
like a sign for public information purposes... Is it new, and what
does it signify?

Simply that Kensal Rise is now TfL territory perhaps?

But to whom does it signify it?

I think the door just needed replacing, and they used a door they had in
stock.

Old April 17th 08, 07:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 14 Apr, 01:54, "John Rowland"
wrote:
I notice that there is a metal roundel stuck on a door on the outside of the
station, facing towards Purves Road. It doesn't look like a sign for public
information purposes... Is it new, and what does it signify?

I think the building in question is a staff room for bus drivers, so
having public-but-not-public signage on it makes sense.

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London
Old April 17th 08, 11:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mr Thant wrote:
On 14 Apr, 01:54, "John Rowland"
wrote:
I notice that there is a metal roundel stuck on a door on the
outside of the station, facing towards Purves Road. It doesn't look
like a sign for public information purposes... Is it new, and what
does it signify?

I think the building in question is a staff room for bus drivers, so
having public-but-not-public signage on it makes sense.

Thanks, that makes perfect sense.

Old April 18th 08, 10:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 17 Apr, 20:13, Mr Thant
wrote:

On 14 Apr, 01:54, "John Rowland"
wrote:
I notice that there is a metal roundel stuck on a door on the outside of the
station, facing towards Purves Road. It doesn't look like a sign for public
information purposes... Is it new, and what does it signify?

I think the building in question is a staff room for bus drivers, so
having public-but-not-public signage on it makes sense.

Has it always fulfilled this role, or is this a new thing that's been
made possible since TfL's takeover of the railway?
Old April 18th 08, 03:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 18 Apr, 11:25, Mizter T wrote:
Has it always fulfilled this role, or is this a new thing that's been
made possible since TfL's takeover of the railway?

It's not part of the station, and it looks purpose built.

Picture here, pre-roundel:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/helen61/266364759/

Kensal Whys Basil Jet London Transport 0 December 12th 09 04:11 PM
Kensal Crossrail Station/North Pole Depot E27002 London Transport 15 November 14th 09 04:35 AM
T&G defends London bus drivers against rise in complaints Solid Scot London Transport 0 June 14th 05 10:17 PM
24% LU fare rise Adrian London Transport 10 January 13th 05 12:09 AM
BBC News: Congestion charge may rise to £8 Fustanella London Transport 0 November 30th 04 01:56 PM