Old January 5th 05, 09:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 24% LU fare rise

That's what I was greeted with this morning.

I travel in, but not every day, from Chorleywood - Tube station, tube
fares, Zone B.

Last year, I had a choice of three tickets to Zone 1 before 9.30.

Return - £8.80
LT Card - £10
Day TravelCard - £11.something

The only difference between LT and TravelCard is that the TravelCard allows
use of suburban trains within the zones. Pretty pointless 95% of the time.
This meant that the obvious choice, assuming you were likely to use the
tube beyond a simple return, was an LT card.

Guess what? It's been dropped.

That means that I now have a straight choice between a Return (now £9.20)
and a TravelCard - now £12.40

So - instead of paying a tenner, I'm now paying £12.40. I call that a 24%
increase.

Except I'll be buying a return in the future. Nice one, LU. You've managed
to decrease your revenue...

Old January 5th 05, 11:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Adrian" wrote in message
. 1.4...
That's what I was greeted with this morning.

Last night I found a 15% drop in fares - £1.50 to £1.30 single!

Except I'll be buying a return in the future. Nice one, LU. You've managed
to decrease your revenue...

And you wont be travelling in zone 1 and busses for short trips in the day
(the reason you had a LT card and not a normal return before), reducing
congestion.

Old January 5th 05, 11:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Weaver ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

That's what I was greeted with this morning.

Last night I found a 15% drop in fares - £1.50 to £1.30 single!

Good for you.

Except I'll be buying a return in the future. Nice one, LU. You've
managed to decrease your revenue...

And you wont be travelling in zone 1 and busses for short trips in the
day (the reason you had a LT card and not a normal return before),
reducing congestion.

TBH, much of the time I'd have been fine with a return anyway. It was more
a case of getting the LT card in case I did need to.
Old January 7th 05, 02:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 12:16:18 -0000, "Paul Weaver"
wrote:

"Adrian" wrote in message
.1.4...
Except I'll be buying a return in the future. Nice one, LU. You've managed
to decrease your revenue...

And you wont be travelling in zone 1 and busses for short trips in the day
(the reason you had a LT card and not a normal return before), reducing
congestion.

If he needed to travel on a bus in zone 1, I hear those nice
bendy-buses offer free travel!

--
Cheers,

Jason.
Old January 10th 05, 10:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Adrian wrote in
. 1.4:

[...]

It's still only £ 4.40 each way (06.30-18.59 Mondays to Fridays) with
Oyster pre pay.

Old January 11th 05, 07:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

David Jackman ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

That means that I now have a straight choice between a Return (now
£9.20) and a TravelCard - now £12.40

It's still only £ 4.40 each way (06.30-18.59 Mondays to Fridays) with
Oyster pre pay.

So a return is now more expensive than a pair of singles?

shakes head sadly
Old January 11th 05, 07:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 11 Jan 2005 08:57:10 GMT, Adrian wrote:

So a return is now more expensive than a pair of singles?

A *paper* return is more expensive than a pair of *Oyster Pre-pay*
singles, which in itself is probably because said singles are
substantially discounted. Doesn't seem to be anything out of order
about that as such.

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
When replying please use neil at the above domain

Old January 11th 05, 09:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Adrian typed

Neil Williams ) gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying :

So a return is now more expensive than a pair of singles?

A *paper* return is more expensive than a pair of *Oyster Pre-pay*
singles, which in itself is probably because said singles are
substantially discounted. Doesn't seem to be anything out of order
about that as such.

My head hurts.

Your head will hurt every time you plan a journey with the 2005 TfL
Fares leaflet...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old January 12th 05, 03:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
Adrian typed

Neil Williams ) gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying :

So a return is now more expensive than a pair of singles?

A *paper* return is more expensive than a pair of *Oyster Pre-pay*
singles, which in itself is probably because said singles are
substantially discounted. Doesn't seem to be anything out of order
about that as such.

My head hurts.

Your head will hurt every time you plan a journey with the 2005 TfL
Fares leaflet...

Don't worry, that leaflet will only last until 26 Feb... then
(apparently) then peak-time bus fares will be introduced (presumably on
28 Feb). At least that's according to a poster I saw at a bus stop -
although it was worded rather differently ("get a discount with Prepay
etc etc... this all-day offer lasts until 26 Feb").

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7