Old September 2nd 03, 08:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Spin

In message , Richard J.
writes

Baker Street this afternoon, eastbound Circle line. Judging by how long I
waited and the number of people on the platform when I got there, I reckon
there was a 10-minute gap in the service. Nothing exceptional about that,
though it should have been 4-5 minutes.

Why do you think that the circle line runs at 4-5 minute intervals?

--
Paul Terry

Old September 3rd 03, 08:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Terry" wrote in message
In message , Richard J.
writes

Baker Street this afternoon, eastbound Circle line. Judging by how long

waited and the number of people on the platform when I got there, I

reckon
there was a 10-minute gap in the service. Nothing exceptional about

that,
though it should have been 4-5 minutes.

Why do you think that the circle line runs at 4-5 minute intervals?

The circle line doesn't exist.

Old September 3rd 03, 09:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Terry wrote:
In message , Richard J.
writes

Baker Street this afternoon, eastbound Circle line. Judging by how
long I waited and the number of people on the platform when I got
there, I reckon there was a 10-minute gap in the service. Nothing
exceptional about that, though it should have been 4-5 minutes.

Why do you think that the circle line runs at 4-5 minute intervals?

The platform in question is served by both the Circle and Hammersmith & City
lines. Each is timetabled to run at 8.5 minute intervals, giving a combined
service interval of 4 to 5 minutes.
--
Richard J.

Old September 3rd 03, 10:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Richard J.
writes

Paul Terry wrote:
In message , Richard J.
writes

Baker Street this afternoon, eastbound Circle line. Judging by how
long I waited and the number of people on the platform when I got
there, I reckon there was a 10-minute gap in the service. Nothing
exceptional about that, though it should have been 4-5 minutes.

Why do you think that the circle line runs at 4-5 minute intervals?

The platform in question is served by both the Circle and Hammersmith & City
lines. Each is timetabled to run at 8.5 minute intervals, giving a combined
service interval of 4 to 5 minutes.

Well, yes - when the H&C is running normally, which it wasn't. When you
wrote of the gap in the service, I assumed you were still referring to
the eastbound Circle line service.

But I take your point that continuing to play an incorrect announcement
is very unhelpful.

--
Paul Terry