Old April 21st 08, 05:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default ELLP - GE19 Bridge slide

There is a TfL press release out confirming the closure of Liverpool St over
Sun/Mon of the early May bank holiday while the new bridge is moved into
position.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...ntre/7933.aspx

Quote from the article:

"The bridge will carry the extended East London line over all the main lines
coming out of Liverpool Street station, and is a crucial part of the project
that will put Hackney on the Tube map for the first time, and involve the
building of new stations at Shoreditch High Street, Hoxton, Haggerston, and
Dalston Junction."

Er... that bit about putting Hackney on the tube map for the first time - is
that a different Hackney to the one on the NLL then, that has been on and
off the map at the whim of the compilers for donkey's years?

It just irritates me that they keep rolling out this cr#p - which might have
made sense a good few years ago when the ELLX really was going to be a part
of the underground system...

Paul S

Old April 21st 08, 05:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 21 Apr, 18:12, "Paul Scott" wrote:

There is a TfL press release out confirming the closure of Liverpool St over
Sun/Mon of the early May bank holiday while the new bridge is moved into
position.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...ntre/7933.aspx

Quote from the article:

"The bridge will carry the extended East London line over all the main lines
coming out of Liverpool Street station, and is a crucial part of the project
that will put Hackney on the Tube map for the first time, and involve the
building of new stations at Shoreditch High Street, Hoxton, Haggerston, and
Dalston Junction."

Er... that bit about putting Hackney on the tube map for the first time - is
that a different Hackney to the one on the NLL then, that has been on and
off the map at the whim of the compilers for donkey's years?

Er, good point, can't really argue with you on that one!

Since the TfL takeover the NLL's position on the Tube map seems fairly
assured.

It just irritates me that they keep rolling out this cr#p - which might have
made sense a good few years ago when the ELLX really was going to be a part
of the underground system...

At (I think?) 16tph along the core route, the new East London Line
will offer an improved frequency of service than the old ELL did for
all stations apart from New Cross. I'm wary of citing the service
frequencies of the old ELL service because I'll probably get them
wrong!

Point being, on the core route the new service will be as good as if
it was an Underground line. Though it will not be an Underground line,
so I see your point.
Old April 21st 08, 10:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008, Paul Scott wrote:

There is a TfL press release out confirming the closure of Liverpool St over
Sun/Mon of the early May bank holiday while the new bridge is moved into
position.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...ntre/7933.aspx

Ahaaaa! That's what that thing is. I was cycling home after a curry the
other night, and i came across it - i turned a corner, and there it was, a
giant green bridge-like thing that didn't seem to be bridging anything. I
wasn't 100% sure where i was, and had enjoyed a few beverages, so i did my
best to forget about it. This explains it, though.

tom

--
In-jokes for out-casts