Old April 28th 08, 01:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Whats happening on the Aldgate branch these days?

Have any more films been made down there recently or has it been
superseded by jubilee Charing X? Is that old northern line train down
there still or has it been hauled off the the scrapyard?

B2003

Old April 28th 08, 01:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Q Q is offline

"Boltar" wrote in message
Have any more films been made down there recently or has it been
superseded by jubilee Charing X? Is that old northern line train down
there still or has it been hauled off the the scrapyard?

Yes the little train is still down there... Last time I was in the area it
was hiding down the tunnel rather than sat in the platform like it normally
is...

That train is used for stuff. I don't see it being towed away for a while.

Not sure about who's filming where - The last lot I saw was on the WL&C one
morning going to the office. There is a post here somewhere, but no one knew
what it was that was being filmed.

Old April 28th 08, 01:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 28 Apr, 14:24, Boltar wrote:
Have any more films been made down there recently or has it been
superseded by jubilee Charing X? Is that old northern line train down
there still or has it been hauled off the the scrapyard?

Er, I presume you mean the Aldwych branch?!

AFAIAA nothing's changed w.r.t. the Aldwych branch. Bear in mind that
the Charing X branch of the Jubilee is used for reversing trains when
things go snafu, so it's not like it's no longer part of the
operational railway.
Old April 28th 08, 01:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article
,
(Boltar) wrote:

Have any more films been made down there recently or has it been
superseded by jubilee Charing X? Is that old northern line train down
there still or has it been hauled off the the scrapyard?

Aldwych?

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old April 28th 08, 01:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Apr 28, 2:41 pm, Mizter T wrote:
On 28 Apr, 14:24, Boltar wrote:

Have any more films been made down there recently or has it been
superseded by jubilee Charing X? Is that old northern line train down
there still or has it been hauled off the the scrapyard?

Er, I presume you mean the Aldwych branch?!

Yes , thats the one My mind was elsewhere.

AFAIAA nothing's changed w.r.t. the Aldwych branch. Bear in mind that
the Charing X branch of the Jubilee is used for reversing trains when
things go snafu, so it's not like it's no longer part of the
operational railway.

Does that happen much?

B2003

Old April 28th 08, 02:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Boltar" wrote in message
Have any more films been made down there recently or has it been
superseded by jubilee Charing X? Is that old northern line train down
there still or has it been hauled off the the scrapyard?

B2003

The most recent films using Aldwych station (according to IMDB) are "The
Bank Job" and "The Edge of Love" both 2008. I am unable to give a critical
appreciation of either.

MaxB

Old May 2nd 08, 09:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 28 Apr, 15:48, "Batman55" wrote:
The most recent films using Aldwych station (according to IMDB) are "The
Bank Job" and "The Edge of Love" both 2008. I am unable to give a critical
appreciation of either.

Not something that usually stops most film critics!