Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 25th 08, 12:05 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Kensington Olympia and Arriva Cross Country east of ReadingQueries

On 24 May, 23:07, "Paul Scott" wrote:
"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote in ...

In article
,
writes
Gatwick to Reading is *not* currently valid via London according to
the routing guide even though there is an appropriate fare with cross
London connection.

On an Any Permitted ticket, you can go via London provided that you get to
Reading via Staines (e.g. Gatwick to London Bridge, W&C line, Waterloo to
Reading).

On a "route London" ticket you can go via Paddington as well.

You may find that cheap AP tickets e.g. Reading to Gatwick by AXC and
Gatwick to *Swindon* [1]

[1] Breaking the rules on ending short.

Can you please cite the rule that says you can't end short on these AP
tickets?

If the previous poster means the new 'Advance' tickets they do indeed have
new standard T&C which prevent BOJ, ending short and starting 'long'.
I pointed this out a few weeks ago - and wonder if the NCOC para 16 should
be amended to match?

http://nationalrail.co.uk/times_fare...onditions.html

"You may not start, break and resume, or end your journey at any
intermediate station except to change to/from connecting trains as shown on
the ticket(s) or other valid travel itinerary."

Paul- Hide quoted text -

One thing I don't quite know is about the "valid travel itinerary".
Am I obliged to take my booking confirmation with me when I travel so
that a conductor could check I am on the right trains (the &
connections part where those trains don't have reservations)? AP
tickets issued on normal credit-card sized ticket stock only show the
part of the journey where there is a reservation. Alternatively, is
the "valid travel itinerary" simply a way of describing mobile tickets
or paper tickets that aren't in widespread use yet?

Jonathan