Old June 12th 08, 08:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default paper Travelcards for 7 Days?

Hi group,

is it still possible to get a 7 Days Travelcard on paper? We will
arrive on saturdays midday with Eurostar in St. Pancras and want to
continue to our hotel at Wembley Stadium. Is there a feasible way to
get 7 Days paper Travelcards zone 1 - 4 en route?

I would prefer paper cards because of the 2for1-offers at
daysoutguide.co.uk, I hope/think a 7 Days paper card would qualify for
them.

Thanks in advance

Redoute

Old June 12th 08, 09:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 12 Jun, 09:34, Redoute wrote:
is it still possible to get a 7 Days Travelcard on paper? We will
arrive on saturdays midday with Eurostar in St. Pancras and want to
continue to our hotel at Wembley Stadium. Is there a feasible way to
get 7 Days paper Travelcards zone 1 - 4 en route?

Tube stations don't sell them, only railway station. When you get out
of the door from Eurostar arrivals area into the shopping precinct,
turn right, and you'll quickly end up at the First Capital Connect
ticket office, who'll definitely sell you one. You may even be able to
get them from their machines. Turn back the way you came straight past
the arrivals doors to get to the tube station.

I'm fairly sure these qualify for the 2 for 1 deal.

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London
Old June 12th 08, 01:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jun 12, 9:34 am, Redoute wrote:
Hi group,

is it still possible to get a 7 Days Travelcard on paper? We will
arrive on saturdays midday with Eurostar in St. Pancras and want to
continue to our hotel at Wembley Stadium. Is there a feasible way to
get 7 Days paper Travelcards zone 1 - 4 en route?

Cue beration from all the TfL apologists who'll tell you you should
have pre-ordered Oyster cards for
yourself and companions by digging out some obscure web page buried
deep in some TfL/LU/whatever
web page and woe betide you if you dare suggest this might be an
inconvenient PITA and you have
better things to do with your life.

B2003

Old June 12th 08, 04:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 12 Jun, 14:54, wrote:
On Jun 12, 9:34 am, Redoute wrote:
is it still possible to get a 7 Days Travelcard on paper? We will
arrive on saturdays midday with Eurostar in St. Pancras and want to
continue to our hotel at Wembley Stadium. Is there a feasible way to
get 7 Days paper Travelcards zone 1 - 4 en route?

Cue beration from all the TfL apologists who'll tell you you should
have pre-ordered Oyster cards for
yourself and companions by digging out some obscure web page buried
deep in some TfL/LU/whatever
web page and woe betide you if you dare suggest this might be an
inconvenient PITA and you have
better things to do with your life.

Eh? I know I'm falling for your bait here, but all the OP would need
to do would be to turn up at the FCC or LUL counter in St Pancras, say
"can I have a 7 day travel card on Oyster please" and hand over some
money.

[however, they then wouldn't get whatever benefits the 7-day card
provides, presumably due to some daft infighting between TfL and the
TOCs about allocating the costs of the promotion, and therefore are
entirely right to go for the paper option]

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org
Old June 12th 08, 04:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jun 12, 5:15 pm, John B wrote:
On 12 Jun, 14:54, wrote:

[...]

That money of course includes the 3 quid "deposit" for each osyter
card.

B2003

Old June 12th 08, 04:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 12 Jun, 17:35, Adrian wrote:
Eh? I know I'm falling for your bait here, but all the OP would need to
do would be to turn up at the FCC or LUL counter in St Pancras, say
"can I have a 7 day travel card on Oyster please" and hand over some
money.

That money of course includes the 3 quid "deposit" for each osyter card.

Not if you're getting a travelcard on it. Only if you're just PAYGing.

Indeed. Hmm, can our hypothetical foreigner get a bonus GBP3 at the
end of their trip if they hand their free card in once it's expired?

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org
Old June 12th 08, 05:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John B gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying:

Eh? I know I'm falling for your bait here, but all the OP would need
to do would be to turn up at the FCC or LUL counter in St Pancras,
say "can I have a 7 day travel card on Oyster please" and hand over
some money.

That money of course includes the 3 quid "deposit" for each osyter
card.

Not if you're getting a travelcard on it. Only if you're just PAYGing.

Indeed. Hmm, can our hypothetical foreigner get a bonus GBP3 at the end
of their trip if they hand their free card in once it's expired?

I'd have thought there would be a record of if a deposit had been paid or
not on the Oyster system.
Old June 12th 08, 06:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mr Thant schrieb:

First Capital Connect ticket office

I'm fairly sure these qualify for the 2 for 1 deal.

This sounds really good. Thank you very much!