Old July 3rd 08, 05:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
dB dB is offline

Default Whoops!

And the LU status display on my Google home page has ceased functioning.

Due to faulty communications equipment presumably.

Old July 3rd 08, 10:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jul 3, 6:40 pm, "dB" wrote:
And the LU status display on my Google home page has ceased functioning.

Due to faulty communications equipment presumably.

Defective Connect PFI radio equipment at Baker Street.
Old July 3rd 08, 11:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJB CJB is offline

On Jul 3, 11:58*pm, chunky munky
wrote:
On Jul 3, 6:40 pm, "dB" wrote:

And the LU status display on my Google home page has ceased functioning.

Due to faulty communications equipment presumably.

Defective Connect PFI radio equipment at Baker Street.

AND this morning Heathrow Connect was terminating at Hayes and
Harlington (an increasingly frequent occurance) whereby all pax
heading for Heathrow are unceremoniously booted out of the train on
the bay platform 5 and told to continue their journey by bus. H&H
being surrounded by an enourmous building site does not even have a
lift, only very steep stairs, and the Connect and FGW platform staff
aren't inclined to help tem. And so the happless intending air pax -
having paid £6.30 each to get to Heathrow - then have to lummox their
luggage up the stairs to the foyer. There they then have to pay £2
each to continue their interrupted - and by now stressful - journey to
Heathrow hopefully not missing their flight(s). CJB.
Old July 4th 08, 10:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jul 4, 12:11 am, CJB wrote:
AND this morning Heathrow Connect was terminating at Hayes and
Harlington (an increasingly frequent occurance) whereby all pax
heading for Heathrow are unceremoniously booted out of the train on
the bay platform 5 and told to continue their journey by bus. H&H

Frankly , if you've got any brains you get a minicab to an airport.
Relying on public transport is as good as missing your flight. I can't
remember the last time I took the tube to heathrow or southern to
gatwick. Even if the mainline railways are running fine the tube will
always screw you over somehow preventing you from getting to victoria
or paddington.

B2003

Old July 4th 08, 12:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jul 4, 12:27 pm, Tom Barry wrote:
I can't have any brains then, the last time I went to Heathrow I took a
suitcase, buggy and toddler on the Piccadilly Line. Lucky for me I got
one of the few occasions it worked eh?

Well its a good thing you didn't take it the other day when it was
terminating at northfields. Again. Quite what LUL expect passengers to
do when kicked out 8 miles from the airport in the middle of a suburb
with a load of luggage is anyones guess. Not that I suspect they give
a toss in the first place.

Of course, your criticisms apply to St. Pancras International, too -
would you recommend I get a cab there? Was the person who built the
Thameslink box just wasting concrete?

IMO yes , but for another reason - KX thameslink used to be a
convenient interchange with the tube. Not any more. Now for the sake
of the small number of people who'll travel down from luton or bedford
to get the eurostar , thousands of rush hour commuters are now faced
with a 400 metre hike. Genius.

B2003

Old July 4th 08, 10:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

IMO yes , but for another reason - KX thameslink used to be a
convenient interchange with the tube. Not any more. Now for the sake
of the small number of people who'll travel down from luton or bedford
to get the eurostar , thousands of rush hour commuters are now faced
with a 400 metre hike. Genius.

B2003

As someone who has the misfortune to have to undergo this hike twice a day,
every day, I cd not agree more. Not only is it a 400m hike, in order to get
to work I now have to go through two ticket barriers and dodge lost and
bemused tourists, people nattering on their mobiles, emailing on their
blackberries or families dragging humungeous suitcases who because they are
on holidays are in no particular rush . The flows of people have not been
properly planned and there are several places where human currents going in
opposite directions intersect with the consequent shoving, pushing and
dodging. It may be a beautiful building but for its heaviest users, the
commuters, it is an unholy mess and a nightmare, it is by far the most
stressful part of my day. I hate it.

Marķa

Old July 5th 08, 03:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 5 Jul, 02:17, Steve M wrote:
You must be loaded... a cab from my house (Finchley) to any of the 5
London airports would cost a bomb! Thankfully... every time I fly (which

Well I don't fly often so the cost doesn't matter. If I did it every
week it might be another matter.

Methinks you are just a bit negative generally. Sometimes, things do go

Only about the tube. I endured 20 years of commuting on it and I'd had
enough. Thank god I now drive to work and only use the tube to visit
the west end now and then. Give me a traffic jam any day instead of
yet another "signal failure" or "regulating the service" or "passenger
action" or whatever other feeble excuse for their incompetence they'd
picked that morning by chucking a dart at a board. They're just liars
as well as useless.

B2003

Old July 5th 08, 06:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
dB dB is offline

wrote in message
On 5 Jul, 02:17, Steve M wrote:
You must be loaded... a cab from my house (Finchley) to any of the 5
London airports would cost a bomb! Thankfully... every time I fly (which

Well I don't fly often so the cost doesn't matter. If I did it every
week it might be another matter.

Methinks you are just a bit negative generally. Sometimes, things do go

Only about the tube. I endured 20 years of commuting on it and I'd had
enough. Thank god I now drive to work and only use the tube to visit
the west end now and then. Give me a traffic jam any day instead of
yet another "signal failure" or "regulating the service" or "passenger
action" or whatever other feeble excuse for their incompetence they'd
picked that morning by chucking a dart at a board. They're just liars
as well as useless.

B2003

You should try using public transport outside of London. It's not much use
when your last bus leaves at 7 o'clock, or there's no service at all on a
Sunday. While the Underground may have its problems, it does generally work,
and on the occasions I've used the Piccadilly line to Heathrow I've not had
any problems.