Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 6th 08, 05:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
dB dB is offline

Default Whoops!

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 15:05:48
on Sun, 6 Jul 2008, dB remarked:
I do live in London and use public transport every day. It's considerably
better than the public transport elsewhere in this country.

That's a fairly bold assertion. Having experienced both at close quarters,
I think the public transport in Nottingham is at least as good. And having
been many places in the World, there are plenty where public transport is
cheaper and cleaner than in London.

A generalisation, yes. As always there are exceptions and Nottingham has
always had fairly good bus services. That's not true of some other large
cities though. If I had to live without a car, of all the places I've lived
in, London would be the easiest place to do it (followed by Nottingham). I
agree about the cleanliness, although to be fair that's not just a public
transport issue.