Old July 31st 08, 08:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Drunk passenger attack leads to strike

On Jul 31, 8:09 am, Adrian wrote:
Look at it this way , if someone had assaulted you - especially a public
servant - and you felt you were the innocent party wouldn't you hang
around until plod turned up?

Oh, c'mon... He was stood there with a broken wrist - and claiming he'd
been shoved/pushed in the back...

Its quite easy to bugger up your wrist if you throw a punch wrong - or
hit a wall instead of the person. It doesn't mean he punched the
living daylights out of him.

B2003

Old July 31st 08, 01:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 16:33:48 -0700 (PDT), John B wrote:

I heard an interesting rumour about that a few weeks ago, which I pass
on without the benefit of any knowledge to assess its accuracy !

The reason why there was no CCTV footage of Stockwell, which IIRC was
stated to be because the cameras "weren't working", may have been because
many/most/all of the hard drives of many/most/all of the video recording
systems from across TfL were at that moment sitting in a big pile in a
police station somewhere, awaiting police time to review the footage
for evidence related to the then-recent bombing attempts, but nobody
had anticipated that more than a couple of spare hard drives would be
needed across the network so there were too few to install in their place.

No idea whether that's true, but I like it a lot and it certainly has
a ring of truth to it...

It doesn't ring true with me. Why then was there CCTV footage
available of the ticket hall and escalators? Why was only the footage
of the platform missing?
Old August 1st 08, 02:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 30 Jul, 16:45, MIG wrote:
On 30 Jul, 16:33, John B wrote:

On Jul 30, 4:11 pm, MIG wrote:

There seem to be no facts available at all about LU's reason for
sacking the member of staff, and no description of any assault by the
member of staff.

[...]
The assumption seems to be "there is absolutely no information about
this case, but anyone supported by the RMT must automatically be
assumed to be a criminal".

No: if I thought the chap in question was necessarily a criminal, I'd
suggest that he should be taken to court.

LU has the kind of rigorous and fair staff discipline process that
you'd expect in a heavily unionised, public sector industry, with
strong staff representation at all stages. It's not as if this case
had taken place last week and the CSA had been booted out on the spot
- rather, there has been a lengthy and detailed investigation since
the incident took place in Jannuary, with union representation at all
stages.

This procedure concluded that the actions of the staff member in
question were sufficiently in breach of LU's policy to warrant
dismissal for gross misconduct. To me, that puts the balance of proof
that the staff member did not commit gross misconduct *strongly* in
the court of the people who believe otherwise...

I still can't find any information about this at all. *We assume that
the sacking was carried out after an investigation by the right sort
of chaps, and we know that it is opposed by the wrong sort of chaps.

Therefore ... what? *(Apart from an excuse for more gratuitous abuse
of the RMT.)- Hide quoted text -

Quite......32 posts here discussing pure heresay.