Old August 8th 08, 09:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Olympia

Am I the only one who erroneously though that one of the London Olympics had
been held there?

Old August 8th 08, 09:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"John Rowland" wrote in message

Am I the only one who erroneously though that one of the London Olympics
had been held there?

One imagines so:

1908 - White City

1948 - Wembley Stadium

1988 - Um, something wrong here

tim

Old August 8th 08, 10:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"John Rowland" wrote in message

Am I the only one who erroneously though that one of the London Olympics had
been held there?

So near, and yet so far.

In the 1948 London Olympics, the Empress Hall Earl's Court was used for the
boxing preliminaries, and for the wrestling, weightlifting, and gymnastics.

michael adams

Old August 8th 08, 11:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"tim....." wrote in message

"John Rowland" wrote in message

Am I the only one who erroneously though that one of the London Olympics
had been held there?

One imagines so:

1908 - White City

1948 - Wembley Stadium

1988 - Um, something wrong here

tim

There was not a single reference to the worlds greatest mass murderer
Chairman Mao during the opening ceremony of the Olympics,nor did they
mention their appalling record on human rights or the terrible suffering
that they inflict on animals,but one good thing ,dog has been removed from
all restaurant menus during the entire Olympic farce

Old August 9th 08, 10:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

RobWilton wrote:

There was not a single reference to the worlds greatest mass murderer
Chairman Mao during the opening ceremony of the Olympics,nor did they
mention their appalling record on human rights or the terrible suffering
that they inflict on animals,but one good thing ,dog has been removed
from all restaurant menus during the entire Olympic farce

I was shocked no one mentioned the Taiping Rebellion. I'll be writing
to my MP about that.

Tom

Old August 9th 08, 10:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"RobWilton" wrote in message

There was not a single reference to the worlds greatest mass murderer
Chairman Mao during the opening ceremony of the Olympics,

You are surprised? I don't suppose the Germans will mention Hitler next time
they get it, nor will the US mention the Bush boys, Israel and Palestine
won't mention their bully boys, etc etc..

nor did they mention their appalling record on human rights or the
terrible suffering that they inflict on animals,but one good thing ,dog
has been removed from all restaurant menus during the entire Olympic farce

Shame. I like a bit of dog.

"Waiter, get me a terrier curry - and make it snappy"
--
Brian

Old August 9th 08, 10:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Tom Barry" wrote in message
RobWilton wrote:

There was not a single reference to the worlds greatest mass murderer
Chairman Mao during the opening ceremony of the Olympics,nor did they
mention their appalling record on human rights or the terrible suffering
that they inflict on animals,but one good thing ,dog has been removed
from all restaurant menus during the entire Olympic farce

I was shocked no one mentioned the Taiping Rebellion. I'll be writing to
my MP about that.

Was that the previous name of the Ting Tings?

--
Brian

Old August 9th 08, 10:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Brian Watson wrote:

nor did they mention their appalling record on human rights or the
terrible suffering that they inflict on animals,but one good thing ,dog
has been removed from all restaurant menus during the entire Olympic farce

Shame. I like a bit of dog.

"Waiter, get me a terrier curry - and make it snappy"

Retriever and chips for me. I'm old fashioned.

Old August 9th 08, 11:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

------------------------------

There was not a single reference to the worlds greatest mass murderer
Chairman Mao during the opening ceremony of the Olympics,nor did they
mention their appalling record on human rights or the terrible suffering
that they inflict on animals,but one good thing ,dog has been removed from
all restaurant menus during the entire Olympic farce

Funnily enough there wasn't a single protest about the Chinese Opium Wars
during the 1948 London Olympic Games either.

michael adams

Old August 9th 08, 12:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Do you kiss before you **** em?