Old October 21st 03, 11:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Kensington Olympia question

I'm currently living near Kensington Olympia and I'm confused why it
seems to be the only station on the underground network which has no
ticket barrier? Why is this the case? Is it to do with the other
rail companies that use the station (Silverlink, South Central and
Virgin) not wanting some form of revenue protection?

Old October 21st 03, 08:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Ian is offline

Is it to do with the other
rail companies that use the station (Silverlink, South Central and
Virgin) not wanting some form of revenue protection?

I'm a bit confused with Olympia too. Is this station a London Terminal or
not? Some people in ticket offices say it is and others say it is not, can
anyone here shed any light on it?

Old October 21st 03, 09:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Hatty Ling" wrote in message
om...
I'm currently living near Kensington Olympia and I'm confused why it
seems to be the only station on the underground network which has no
ticket barrier? Why is this the case? Is it to do with the other
rail companies that use the station (Silverlink, South Central and
Virgin) not wanting some form of revenue protection?

I have noticed RPIs at the gates in the past when there are exhibitions or
events taking place at Olympia.

Old October 21st 03, 11:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Ian" wrote in message
Is it to do with the other
rail companies that use the station (Silverlink, South Central and
Virgin) not wanting some form of revenue protection?

I'm a bit confused with Olympia too. Is this station a London Terminal or
not? Some people in ticket offices say it is and others say it is not, can
anyone here shed any light on it?

Since you can travel through Olympia on a "Not London" ticket, it would
appear not.
--
Terry Harper, Web Co-ordinator, The Omnibus Society
http://www.omnibussoc.org

Old October 22nd 03, 01:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Ian
writes
I'm a bit confused with Olympia too. Is this station a London Terminal or
not?

In ticketing/routeing terms? It is not.

--
Clive D.W. Feather, writing for himself | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:
Old October 22nd 03, 06:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Jack Taylor" wrote in message
. ..

That may be true of London Underground owned stations. However, Kensington
Olympia is not a London Underground owned station. It is a National Rail
station with a platform that is used for London Underground District line
services.

Kensington Olympia is in zone 2.