Old August 10th 08, 04:55 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Existing ELL depot - New Cross

Does anyone know what happens to the old ELL underground train depot just
north of New Cross station? Will it remain in railway use, or have an
alternative future?

Paul S

Old August 11th 08, 08:57 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Aug 10, 5:55 pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
Does anyone know what happens to the old ELL underground train depot just
north of New Cross station? Will it remain in railway use, or have an
alternative future?

I remember reading somewhere - could have been on this group - that
its just going to be left to rot. Which wouldn't surprise me given
that exactly the same thing happened to Drayton Park.

B2003

Old August 11th 08, 04:39 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
No Name

"Boltar" wrote in message
On Aug 10, 5:55 pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
Does anyone know what happens to the old ELL underground train depot just
north of New Cross station? Will it remain in railway use, or have an
alternative future?

I remember reading somewhere - could have been on this group - that
its just going to be left to rot. Which wouldn't surprise me given
that exactly the same thing happened to Drayton Park.

Is that not potentially prime real estate?

Old August 11th 08, 05:19 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Does anyone know what happens to the old ELL underground train depot just
north of New Cross station? Will it remain in railway use,

I thought I had read somewhere it was to be taken over as an
infrastructure base for the ELL/Overground - but it could well have
been a speculative suggestion in response to a similar question.

--
Nick

Old August 11th 08, 07:05 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 11 Aug, 19:15, wrote:
So?

It's a narrow strip of land with railway viaducts on both sides that
merge at both ends, completely enclosing it. I don't think it even has
road access. I can't see any attraction for developers, especially in
Deptford.

(sorry, people of Deptford).

Old August 11th 08, 08:20 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Mr Thant wrote:
On 11 Aug, 19:15, wrote:
So?

It's a narrow strip of land with railway viaducts on both sides that
merge at both ends, completely enclosing it. I don't think it even has
road access. I can't see any attraction for developers, especially in
Deptford.

(sorry, people of Deptford).

I think it only has pedestrian access and would be a rather noisy place
to live given the proximity of all those lines, but I am sure the local
estate agents would be able to ignore that and give it a good puff.
However getting building materials in would present an interesting
logistical
problem.
I certainly would not want to live there.

--
Martin

replies to newsgroup only please.