Old August 11th 04, 01:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default New Chiltern depot in Wembley

Hi all,

According to
http://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/pa...s/projects.asp , it will
take 15 months to build and will complete in April 2005, so it should be
under construction by now. I can't say I've noticed, but if it's on the
north side of the railway it would be part of the Stadium construction site
so wouldn't necessarily be discernable from the surrounding roads.. ANyone
know more?

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old August 11th 04, 02:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

John Rowland wrote:

Hi all,

According to
http://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/pa...s/projects.asp , it will
take 15 months to build and will complete in April 2005, so it should be
under construction by now. I can't say I've noticed, but if it's on the
north side of the railway it would be part of the Stadium construction
site so wouldn't necessarily be discernable from the surrounding roads..
ANyone know more?

It's actually on the south side between Wembley Stadium station and Neasden,
however access is via the stadium site.

Quite a lot of work recently, temporary bridge over the line, much earth
moving .

There has been quite a bit of slippage in the work (for several reasons) so
the date quoted may be wrong unless it was set recently.

--
I Killfile EVERYBODY who top posts without very good reason. Also those who
encourage others to ignore netiquette because they are too opinionated to
Old August 11th 04, 10:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Dave Arquati wrote in message ...
John Rowland wrote:
Hi all,

According to
http://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/pa...s/projects.asp , it will
take 15 months to build and will complete in April 2005, so it should be
under construction by now. I can't say I've noticed, but if it's on the
north side of the railway it would be part of the Stadium construction site
so wouldn't necessarily be discernable from the surrounding roads.. ANyone
know more?

It's on the southern side of the railway (east of the station I think).
There's lots of work going on; last time I went past (last month) there
were various pieces of heavy equipment around and most of the embankment
had been dug up.

And what was wrong with Neasden? Perfect site for a depot, one would
have thought! :-)

A.
Old August 12th 04, 10:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

4973 wrote in message ...
John Rowland wrote:

Hi all,

According to
http://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/pa...s/projects.asp , it will
take 15 months to build and will complete in April 2005, so it should be
under construction by now. I can't say I've noticed, but if it's on the
north side of the railway it would be part of the Stadium construction
site so wouldn't necessarily be discernable from the surrounding roads..
ANyone know more?

It's actually on the south side between Wembley Stadium station and Neasden,
however access is via the stadium site.

Quite a lot of work recently, temporary bridge over the line, much earth
moving .

There has been quite a bit of slippage in the work (for several reasons) so
the date quoted may be wrong unless it was set recently.

Its coming along quickly. Lots of work going on.

I thought the new bridge over the line might have something to do with
access to the Stadium for matchdays?
I know that they are planning to build a new way off the station which
runs to the stadium (and only the stadium) like they have in other
parts of the country such as Cardiff...
Old August 12th 04, 12:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

The Fish wrote:

4973 wrote in message
John Rowland wrote:

[...]

About 2 years ago I had a chance to speak to a senior manager at Chiltern.
He made it clear that the reason for the first hold-up was that they had
realised that road access to the new depot from the South was not good and
would seriously impact what they could do with the site. Since the stadium
redevelopment was just starting they had decided to negotiate with the
stadium people to get a better road access through the stadium site.

I know that they are planning to build a new way off the station which
runs to the stadium (and only the stadium) like they have in other
parts of the country such as Cardiff...

It has always appeared to me that there already was such a pathway, but it
was not used (however as I've always ensured I was well away from the area
on match days I may just have missed seeing it).

Close by the end of the foot bridge if I remember correctly, and a little
overgrown.

Old August 12th 04, 02:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Siddings at Neasden are still in use every day with sand trains to london
concrete depot.

There is a solution!"

http://mail.spaminspector.com

m...

Old August 13th 04, 09:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"4973" wrote in message

It's actually on the south side between Wembley Stadium
station and Neasden, however access is via the stadium site.

Thanks. It must be a very small depot, unless they've demolished an entire
street of houses, or dug up Sherrins Farm open space.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old August 14th 04, 07:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

John Rowland wrote:

"4973" wrote in message

It's actually on the south side between Wembley Stadium
station and Neasden, however access is via the stadium site.

Thanks. It must be a very small depot, unless they've demolished an entire
street of houses, or dug up Sherrins Farm open space.

Not sure what Sherrins Farm is, but it is only intended as a replacement for
the facilities at Marylebone station. They want to build a couple of extra
platforms.