Old August 10th 08, 11:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default LT Golden Jubilee Gala Souvenir programme

A rare London Transport Golden Jubilee Gala Souvenir programme based on Chiswick and Acton Works.
Containing photos of buses, trains, layout of works and much more information. This is a must for any railway or bus enthusiast.

Search for it at ebay or look at following link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/London-Transpo...6.c0.m14.l1318

Old August 10th 08, 11:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Aug 11, 12:01�am, "Simon P" wrote:
A rare London Transport Golden Jubilee Gala Souvenir programme based on Chiswick and Acton Works.
Containing photos of buses, trains, layout of works and much more information. This is a must for any railway or bus enthusiast.

Search for it at ebay or look at following link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/London-Transpo...ala_W0QQitemZ2...

That was such a wonderful event. I spent 2 glorious days at Chiswick
Works and Acton Works, both now but a memory of happier days. For me,
the best bit was being able to roam around the withdrawn District R,
and COP stock in the sidings at Acton, on which I had travelled to
school every day for the previous 7 years. I had a packed lunch in the
driving cab of one, imagining what it would have been like to be a
driver. Acton Works were even selling off spares - I came away with 2
leather-bound armrests from that stock - real class!

Marc.
Old August 10th 08, 11:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Aug 11, 12:10�am, " wrote:
[...]

I've just realised - that was 25 years ago! Seems like only
yesterday!!

Marc.
Old August 11th 08, 09:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
On Aug 11, 12:10?am, " wrote:
[...]

It does seem like only yesterday.
I started at Acton as an apprentice vehicle builder in 1982. The best 4
years of my life.
They don't do them like that anymore.

Simon