Old September 13th 03, 09:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

Default Waterloo And City

Why do Waterloo City trains look like old Network South East trains?
Was the line previously British Rail?

--
CJG

Old September 13th 03, 10:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim tim is offline

"CJG" wrote in message
Why do Waterloo City trains look like old Network South East trains?
Was the line previously British Rail?

yes, can't remember when it changed though

tim

--
CJG

Old September 13th 03, 10:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"tim" wrote the following in:

"CJG" wrote in message
Why do Waterloo City trains look like old Network South East
trains? Was the line previously British Rail?

yes, can't remember when it changed though

Wasn't it 1993 or 1994?

--
message by Robin May, founder of International Boyism
"Would Inspector Sands please go to the Operations Room immediately."

Hacker is to computer as boy racer is to Ford Escort.
Old September 13th 03, 10:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"tim" wrote in message

"CJG" wrote in message
Why do Waterloo City trains look like old Network South East trains?
Was the line previously British Rail?

yes, can't remember when it changed though

1st April, 1994(?)

Appropriate date methinks!

Old September 14th 03, 08:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 21:23:02 +0100, CJG
wrote:

Why do Waterloo City trains look like old Network South East trains?
Was the line previously British Rail?

Considering the obsessive levels of your complains about the London
Underground, you lack of even the most basic knowledge of it is quite
astounding.....
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk

Old September 14th 03, 09:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

In message , Nick Cooper
writes
Considering the obsessive levels of your complains about the London
Underground, you lack of even the most basic knowledge of it is quite
astounding.....

Im sure you complain about the rain without any reasonable
meteorological knowledge.
--
CJG
Old September 14th 03, 09:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Why do Waterloo City trains look like old Network South East trains?

Eh? They look like Central Line trains to me.
Old Network South East trains are big, blue and have slam doors!

Old September 14th 03, 10:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , John
writes
Why do Waterloo City trains look like old Network South East trains?

Eh? They look like Central Line trains to me.
Old Network South East trains are big, blue and have slam doors!

ISTR that they do (or did) have Network Southeast branding on the
trains, and the colour scheme is markedly different to the standard tube
corporate scheme.
The line used to belong to BR, and before that, the Southern, and the
original trains used to be in full NSE livery.
--
Spyke
Address is valid, but messages are treated as junk. The opinions I express do
Old September 14th 03, 10:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"John" wrote in message
Why do Waterloo City trains look like old Network South East trains?

Eh? They look like Central Line trains to me.
Old Network South East trains are big, blue and have slam doors!

But are they still carrying NSE livery?

Old September 14th 03, 11:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Spyke
writes
The line used to belong to BR, and before that, the Southern, and the
original trains used to be in full NSE livery.

I thought the original ones were southern railway dark green.