Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 31st 08, 05:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Kings Cross validators

On 31 Aug, 12:50, "Paul Scott" wrote:
"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

Four sets of smartcard validators have now been fitted on each side
of
the entrance arches to Kings Cross opposite platforms 1-8. They are
not comissioned yet.

Interesting observations. *Looks like there is a concerted programme of
work to get validators installed on at least 3 TOCs (FCC, FGW, NXEA).
Any signs of life south of the river?

I've just seen newly installed supports for smartcard validators as far away
as Woolston (near Southampton). Doubt they'll be reading Oyster though...

Back to the OP in this thread however, these new validators at KX are
presumably just extras, PAYG is already valid there, but I guess validators
were a bit thin on the ground on the direct route from the mainline
platforms to the tube ticket hall?

Paul S

A validator for South West Trains smartcards is installed (but not
functionning) at Windsor & Eton Riverside, not just the support.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1372309255

I don't think there's any indication yet as to what it will work with.

There are also smartcard validators on the Sheffield to Doncaster line
(e.g. at Meadowhall) but that's for South Yorkshire tickets.
http://www.yorcard.com/

Jonathan