Old September 12th 08, 05:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Overground Route Question

I am traveling next week from Hackney to Watford, TFL route planner
indicates I can go directly from Hackney Central station to Watford
Junction
However the map seems to indicate the line from Hackney Central goes
to Richmond and every train I've caught in the past from Hackney
Central going West has shown Richmond as it's destination.

Whats the Game?

are there infact direct trains? or do I have to change at Willesden
Junction?

--
Mark Varley
www.MarkVarleyPhoto.co.uk

Old September 12th 08, 05:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"MarkVarley - MVP" wrote in message
I am traveling next week from Hackney to Watford, TFL route planner
indicates I can go directly from Hackney Central station to Watford
Junction
However the map seems to indicate the line from Hackney Central goes
to Richmond and every train I've caught in the past from Hackney
Central going West has shown Richmond as it's destination.

Whats the Game?

are there infact direct trains? or do I have to change at Willesden
Junction?

There are direct trains currently, during the engineering work in the
Hampstead tunnels. You have discovered that the journey planner has been
updated to allow for the temporary service as shown he

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...etwork-map.pdf

Paul S

Old September 12th 08, 05:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008, MarkVarley - MVP wrote:

I am traveling next week from Hackney to Watford, TFL route planner
indicates I can go directly from Hackney Central station to Watford
Junction

However the map seems to indicate the line from Hackney Central goes
to Richmond and every train I've caught in the past from Hackney
Central going West has shown Richmond as it's destination.

Whats the Game?

are there infact direct trains? or do I have to change at Willesden
Junction?

You're in luck! There's some sort of engineering work on on the North
London Line somewhere to the west of Camden Road. Since trains from
Stratford can't get to Richmond as usual, they're being diverted up to
Watford instead. So yes, for the time being, there really are direct
trains from Hackney Central to Watford.

People who are out of luck are those who want to go from Euston to
stations on the way Watford - because the NLL trains are being sent that
way, the normal Overground service from Euston to Watford is being
suspended. They have to use the Bakerloo somehow, or change at Harrow and
use the fast service between there and Euston.

There's a leaflet about it:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...es-leaflet.pdf

tom

--
Subvert the paradigm!
Old September 12th 08, 06:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Cheers Paul,
thats jolly decent of them :-)

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 18:19:11 +0100, "Paul Scott"
wrote this gibberish:

.. .