London Banter

-   -   HST footbridge at Shepherd's Bush (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/7210-hst-footbridge-shepherds-bush.html)

Richard J.[_2_] October 20th 08 12:20 AM

HST footbridge at Shepherd's Bush

There used to be a footbridge across the road at the eastern end of
Shepherd's Bush Green, outside the Central Line station. I believe it was
removed in the 1990s. It had panels on each side to make it look like an
HST (named "Dave Wetzel" I recall). Does anyone know of an online photo of
it? Alternatively, does anyone have a photo that they would be willing for
me to post on the web?

--
Richard J.

[email protected] October 25th 08 10:23 AM

On Oct 20, 1:20�am, "Richard J." wrote:
There used to be a footbridge across the road at the eastern end of
Shepherd's Bush Green, outside the Central Line station. �I believe it was
removed in the 1990s. �It had panels on each side to make it look like an
HST (named "Dave Wetzel" I recall). �Does anyone know of an online photo of
it? �Alternatively, does anyone have a photo that they would be willing for
me to post on the web?

--
Richard J.

Sorry, Richard, I don't have a picture, but remember the bridge well,
and I remember once driving a somewhat sleepy and inebriated friend
home, and as we were passing under it, he remarked "where the HELL are
we", thinking it was a real train!

Marc.

Richard J.[_2_] October 26th 08 02:14 PM

wrote:
On Oct 20, 1:20 am, "Richard J." wrote:
There used to be a footbridge across the road at the eastern end of
Shepherd's Bush Green, outside the Central Line station. I believe
it was removed in the 1990s. It had panels on each side to make it
look like an HST (named "Dave Wetzel" I recall). Does anyone know
of an online photo of it? Alternatively, does anyone have a photo
that they would be willing for me to post on the web?

Sorry, Richard, I don't have a picture, but remember the bridge well,
and I remember once driving a somewhat sleepy and inebriated friend
home, and as we were passing under it, he remarked "where the HELL are
we", thinking it was a real train!

LOL!
Thanks, Marc. If nobody knows of an online photo, does anyone know of a
book that contains a photo of this bridge?

--
Richard J.