Old September 16th 03, 06:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tyne and Wear Metro plans

Tyne and Wear Metro's plans can be downloaded at

http://www.tyneandwearmetro.co.uk/download.htm

By the way, I like the name "Tyneweardon" for the conurbation as a whole. What
other views are there? (Let me come clean. I am a Geordie myself)

--

Michael Bell

Old September 16th 03, 02:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

:
: http://www.tyneandwearmetro.co.uk/download.htm
:
: By the way, I like the name "Tyneweardon" for the conurbation as a whole.
What
: other views are there? (Let me come clean. I am a Geordie myself)
:
: --
:
: Michael Bell

What's the "...on" bit refer to Michael?

... and PS it sound too much like Tynewierdo ... for the collective sake of
those concerned perhaps you might like to return and ponder your drawing
board

DW down under

Old September 16th 03, 07:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim tim is offline

"Michael Bell" wrote in message
Tyne and Wear Metro's plans can be downloaded at

http://www.tyneandwearmetro.co.uk/download.htm

What a crap way of presenting the info.

7 pdfs ranging from 8k bytes to 8,000K bytes.

And the map's the ****ing wrong way round.
Why make the docs into pdfs and then not rotate the pages
correctly?

Tim

Old September 17th 03, 03:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

David Winter wrote:
"Michael Bell" wrote in message
Tyne and Wear Metro's plans can be downloaded at

http://www.tyneandwearmetro.co.uk/download.htm

By the way, I like the name "Tyneweardon" for the conurbation as a
whole. What other views are there? (Let me come clean. I am a
Geordie myself)

What's the "...on" bit refer to Michael?

.. and PS it sound too much like Tynewierdo ... for the collective
sake of those concerned perhaps you might like to return and ponder
your drawing board

Perhaps Michael meant "Tyneweardom", by analogy with kingdom and
Christendom.
--
Richard J.

Old September 17th 03, 06:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , David Winter
per.au.invalid wrote:
"Michael Bell" wrote in message
: Tyne and Wear Metro's plans can be downloaded at
:
: http://www.tyneandwearmetro.co.uk/download.htm
:
: By the way, I like the name "Tyneweardon" for the conurbation as a whole.
What
: other views are there? (Let me come clean. I am a Geordie myself)
:
: --
:
: Michael Bell

What's the "...on" bit refer to Michael?

Many place names on Tyneside end with "-don". It's English, it
is also found in "London".

--

Michael