London Banter

-   -   new Tramlink livery (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/7274-new-tramlink-livery.html)

Rupert Candy November 15th 08 10:20 AM

new Tramlink livery

First (no pun intended) obvious sign of the tfl takeover- this morning
at Beckenham Jn I saw the first tram in the new livery. White's still
the base colour (though a wider stripe than before) but with bright
blue and violent lime green relief (stripes in Midland Metro style)
and the green Trams roundel. The green also covers the cab. Not sure
it's an improvement on the red and white with gold numbers, but it
certainly looks smarter than the decrepit external state of these
excellent vehicles when TfL took them over...

Mr Thant November 15th 08 01:57 PM

new Tramlink livery

On 15 Nov, 11:20, Rupert Candy wrote:
First (no pun intended) obvious sign of the tfl takeover- this morning
at Beckenham Jn I saw the first tram in the new livery. White's still
the base colour (though a wider stripe than before) but with bright
blue and violent lime green relief (stripes in Midland Metro style)
and the green Trams roundel. The green also covers the cab. Not sure
it's an improvement on the red and white with gold numbers, but it
certainly looks smarter than the decrepit external state of these
excellent vehicles when TfL took them over...

I dug up a pictu
http://flickr.com/photos/londonstree...6/in/pool-ttc/

I'll file it under "daring" until I can think of something nicer to
say.

Ashley Brown November 15th 08 05:56 PM

new Tramlink livery

First (no pun intended) obvious sign of the tfl takeover- this morning

There seem to have been a few of them running around in the new livery
in the past month or so. On Friday a group of workmen were painting
various bits of tram-related street furniture (including the ticket
machines) around Lebanon Road. They are all currently in a white/grey
undercoat and I presume will receive a new top coat next week.

Neil Williams November 16th 08 09:47 AM

new Tramlink livery

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 06:57:06 -0800 (PST), Mr Thant
wrote:

I'll file it under "daring" until I can think of something nicer to
say.

"Pig-ugly" will do. What would be wrong with a repaint in the
traditional red and white?

That said, I think the new livery would work better with railway-style
yellow ends rather than the lime green.

Neil

--
Neil Williams

[email protected] November 16th 08 10:34 AM

new Tramlink livery

In article
,
(Mr Thant) wrote:

On 15 Nov, 11:20, Rupert Candy wrote:
First (no pun intended) obvious sign of the tfl takeover- this morning
at Beckenham Jn I saw the first tram in the new livery. White's still
the base colour (though a wider stripe than before) but with bright
blue and violent lime green relief (stripes in Midland Metro style)
and the green Trams roundel. The green also covers the cab. Not sure
it's an improvement on the red and white with gold numbers, but it
certainly looks smarter than the decrepit external state of these
excellent vehicles when TfL took them over...

I dug up a pictu
http://flickr.com/photos/londonstree...6/in/pool-ttc/

I'll file it under "daring" until I can think of something nicer to
say.

Ugh! Bring back LT red!

--
Colin Rosenstiel