Old November 15th 08, 11:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default new Tramlink livery

First (no pun intended) obvious sign of the tfl takeover- this morning
at Beckenham Jn I saw the first tram in the new livery. White's still
the base colour (though a wider stripe than before) but with bright
blue and violent lime green relief (stripes in Midland Metro style)
and the green Trams roundel. The green also covers the cab. Not sure
it's an improvement on the red and white with gold numbers, but it
certainly looks smarter than the decrepit external state of these
excellent vehicles when TfL took them over...

Old November 15th 08, 02:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 15 Nov, 11:20, Rupert Candy wrote:
First (no pun intended) obvious sign of the tfl takeover- this morning
at Beckenham Jn I saw the first tram in the new livery. White's still
the base colour (though a wider stripe than before) but with bright
blue and violent lime green relief (stripes in Midland Metro style)
and the green Trams roundel. The green also covers the cab. Not sure
it's an improvement on the red and white with gold numbers, but it
certainly looks smarter than the decrepit external state of these
excellent vehicles when TfL took them over...

I dug up a pictu
http://flickr.com/photos/londonstree...6/in/pool-ttc/

I'll file it under "daring" until I can think of something nicer to
say.

Old November 15th 08, 06:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

First (no pun intended) obvious sign of the tfl takeover- this morning

There seem to have been a few of them running around in the new livery
in the past month or so. On Friday a group of workmen were painting
various bits of tram-related street furniture (including the ticket
machines) around Lebanon Road. They are all currently in a white/grey
undercoat and I presume will receive a new top coat next week.
Old November 16th 08, 10:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 06:57:06 -0800 (PST), Mr Thant
wrote:

I'll file it under "daring" until I can think of something nicer to
say.

"Pig-ugly" will do. What would be wrong with a repaint in the
traditional red and white?

That said, I think the new livery would work better with railway-style
yellow ends rather than the lime green.

Neil

--
Neil Williams

New Tube map shows Croydon Tramlink for the first time Basil Jet[_4_] London Transport 7 June 7th 16 01:50 AM
GTR livery Lew 1[_4_] London Transport 5 August 14th 14 07:24 PM
new livery at Northfields depot Martyn Dawe London Transport 7 October 1st 07 11:56 PM
2012 Olympics Livery on the Underground TheOneKEA London Transport 0 November 19th 04 03:38 PM
RM70 - London Elects Livery JMUpton2000 London Transport 4 May 17th 04 10:51 PM