Old December 16th 08, 11:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Windows Live Local

I complained before that they had slightly broken the route planning....
well now they have completely broken it! The map shows a blue line which
wanders from start to finish without particularly matching any roads.... and
whereas the itinerary used to list road names (with a fair number of
errors), now it gives

Turn LEFT (West) onto Local road(s) 0.6 mi
Turn RIGHT (North) onto Local road(s) 0.1 mi
Turn LEFT (West) onto Local road(s) 0.5 mi
Bear LEFT (West) onto Local road(s) 0.1 mi
Bear LEFT (West) onto Local road(s) 0.1 mi
Turn LEFT (South) onto Local road(s) 0.2 mi
Bear RIGHT (South-West) onto Local road(s)

Old December 17th 08, 08:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 17 Dec, 00:55, "John Rowland"
wrote:
I complained before that they had slightly broken the route planning....
well now they have completely broken it! The map shows a blue line which
wanders from start to finish without particularly matching any roads.... and
whereas the itinerary used to list road names (with a fair number of
errors), now it gives

Turn LEFT (West) onto Local road(s) 0.6 mi
Turn RIGHT (North) onto Local road(s) 0.1 mi
*Turn LEFT (West) onto Local road(s) 0.5 mi
*Bear LEFT (West) onto Local road(s) 0.1 mi
*Bear LEFT (West) onto Local road(s) 0.1 mi
*Turn LEFT (South) onto Local road(s) 0.2 mi
*Bear RIGHT (South-West) onto Local road(s)

I suggest you talk to Microsoft support, that's what you pay them for.
Alternativly use one of the many alternatives from companies that
aren't illegal monopolies.
Old December 17th 08, 08:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Dec 17, 9:09 am, Paul Weaver wrote:
I suggest you talk to Microsoft support, that's what you pay them for.

Um, nobody pays Microsoft anything to use that service.
It even works on Linux. (FSVO "works")

--
Abi
but hey, why let facts get in the way of a knee-jerk reaction?
Old December 17th 08, 11:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 17 Dec, 09:35, Abigail Brady wrote:

On Dec 17, 9:09 am, Paul Weaver wrote:

I suggest you talk to Microsoft support, that's what you pay them for.

Um, nobody pays Microsoft anything to use that service.
It even works on Linux. (FSVO "works")

Indeed, it's on the web and free to use. And it has great bird's eye
views too.

but hey, why let facts get in the way of a knee-jerk reaction?

Coz it's the British way, innit. Facts, don't talk to me about facts,
I don't need no facts when I know what's going on about.
Old December 17th 08, 11:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
, at
01:35:28 on Wed, 17 Dec 2008, Abigail Brady
remarked:
I suggest you talk to Microsoft support, that's what you pay them for.

Um, nobody pays Microsoft anything to use that service.

It was probably sarcasm.

Old December 22nd 08, 04:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 17 Dec, 12:44, Roland Perry wrote:
In message
, at
01:35:28 on Wed, 17 Dec 2008, Abigail Brady
remarked:

I suggest you talk to Microsoft support, that's what you pay them for.

Um, nobody pays Microsoft anything to use that service.

It was probably sarcasm.

And elegantly done too. You walked right into that, Abigail. Are you
American?