Old January 7th 09, 08:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default NLC Code 0504

In message of Wed, 7
Jan 2009 00:55:40 in uk.transport.london, David Morgan
writes

"Walter Briscoe" wrote in message
Sadly, it does not seem to detail London Underground stations which
are not also National Rail Stations. It does not even mention
Barking, so is even less complete than I thought. (I was interested
in the codes for the several Paddington stations.) I just found:
3087 Paddington London

If you download it as an Excel spreadsheet it separates the LUL and NR
stations into separate tabs - including Barking (0501) and Paddington
(0670)

When I tried again, I saw as you did. Thanks for the help.
The downloaded document consists of the following sheets: LUL-DR Station
NLCs; NR Station NLCs; Station Group NLCs and Sundry CAPRI codes.
The "default" sheet is NR Station NLCs.

What is a Station Group? Groups like:
Code Group Name Stations included
0254 Colchester Stations 6861 Colchester 6853 Colchester Town
make sense, but the following makes little to me:
0255 Edinburgh Br
I am surprised Edinburgh BR does not, at least, have members Haymarket
and Waverley.

Sundry CAPRI codes includes things I understand like:
0020 Lul Thru Tickets
0032 Zone R12 London
and others I don't and probably don't need to, such as
0077 Spte Zone 1 Juv

--
Walter Briscoe
Old January 7th 09, 10:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Walter Briscoe" wrote:

Sadly, it does not seem to detail London Underground stations which
are not also National Rail Stations. It does not even mention
Barking, so is even less complete than I thought. (I was interested
in the codes for the several Paddington stations.) I just found:
3087 Paddington London

If you download it as an Excel spreadsheet it separates the LUL and NR
stations into separate tabs - including Barking (0501) and Paddington
(0670)

When I tried again, I saw as you did. Thanks for the help.
The downloaded document consists of the following sheets: LUL-DR Station
NLCs; NR Station NLCs; Station Group NLCs and Sundry CAPRI codes.
The "default" sheet is NR Station NLCs.

What is a Station Group? Groups like:
Code Group Name Stations included
0254 Colchester Stations 6861 Colchester 6853 C. Town
make sense, but the following makes little to me:
0255 Edinburgh Br
I am surprised Edinburgh BR does not, at least, have members Haymarket
and Waverley.

Station groups are literally stations grouped together for ticketing
purposes - London Terminals, Catford Stations etc.

"Edinburgh BR" will be the old name for "Edinburgh Stations" when good
old bad old BR was still about, and it does include Haymarket and
Waverley - for whatever reason the spreadsheet doesn't spell out all
the members of each group, only of some.

Sundry CAPRI codes includes things I understand like:
0020 Lul Thru Tickets
0032 Zone R12 London
and others I don't and probably don't need to, such as
0077 Spte Zone 1 Juv

Strathclyde Passenger Transport (aka Strathclyde Partnership for
Transport) Zone 1 Juvenile, I would have thought. No idea what a CAPRI
code is.

P.S. Don't spend too long with Excel or you might go mad.

OSI NLC codes Walter Briscoe London Transport 2 August 24th 11 11:58 AM
The change in dialling code from 01 for London to 0171 & 0181 - Why t Colin Rosenstiel London Transport 1 November 19th 07 09:16 AM
Highway or the Myway? A new Code for light relief [email protected] London Transport 0 August 6th 06 11:07 PM
Bus 'Code Red' Stuart London Transport 6 March 18th 06 02:49 PM
Highway Code for Coach Drivers Joe London Transport 9 December 3rd 04 03:45 PM