Old January 10th 09, 02:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default DLR to Woolwich set to open this Saturday, 10 January

On 10 Jan, 09:11, Arthur Figgis wrote:

So, did it?

Am I first to report that YES it definitely did, and I this afternoon
I travelled from Bank to Woolwich, and then back to Canning Town.

I have a photo or two, but my camera ran out of battery very quickly.
Plenty of space, trains every 10 minutes, 2 large exits, one directly
beside the existing overground station exit, the other at the far end
of the DLR platform opening out to what appears to be the main
shopping street. (don't know the area so well)

Plenty of other geeky types walking around with video cameras.
Old January 10th 09, 06:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Producing such things as http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XYDhMNaWFfw
Old January 10th 09, 11:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Plenty of other geeky types walking around with video cameras.

Producing such things as http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XYDhMNaWFfw

And my efforts at:

Video: DLR travelling from Woolwich Arsenal to King George V
http://www.transportimages.com/galle.../mov04189.html

Video: DLR travelling from King George V to Woolwich Arsenal
http://www.transportimages.com/galle.../mov04182.html

Photo: DLR 34 at Woolwich Arsenal
http://www.transportimages.com/galle.../dsc04185.html
http://www.transportimages.com/galle.../dsc04183.html