Old January 14th 09, 09:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New LU toilet map

There is a new yellow poster and leaflet describing accessibility
facilities. I have a file of toilet locations and was interested in new
information. The map is at
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/toilets-map.pdf which should be
read in conjunction with
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...seful-informat
ion.pdf and taken with a lot of salt. e.g. Colindale is falsely alleged
to have customer toilets; those at Harrow & Wealdstone are not
mentioned; those at Turnham Green (where the alleged accessible toilet
does not exist and why would it at a station without step-free
facilities) are permanently closed in response to vandalism. I have
started communication with .

Information here might save me visits to the following stations:
Canning Town DFM - I suspect they refer to bus station facilities
Fairlop FM
Heathrow Terminals 1, 2, 3 DFM
Hounslow Central FM
Ickenham FM
Leyton DFM
Morden FM
Roding Valley FM - implausible. Also quietly step-free!
South Ruislip D
Uxbridge ? - closed during station refurbishment on my last visit

This is typical of the sort of information I have and want more of:
Leytonstone Disabled absent; 05.30-21.00 Female Platform 3 (eastbound); Male Platform 2 (westbound)
Richmond F1; M2; BDFM by gateline next to 6. 0.20; Radar exempts.

My information is incomplete. e.g. When I spoke to the Station
Supervisor at Turnham Green, I was told toilets at Stamford Brook shut
at 19.00. Lack of a notice of that means I don't know about it.
Today, I found something new in kind:
Ealing Common FM 0.20 token from ticket office to use staff toilets; F on 1W; M on 2E

Where the map refers to facilities which don't exist, I have followed up
my email to TfL with information to the Station Supervisor. The one at
Warwick Avenue photocopied my map and was very interested.

The signs on the toilet doors, inside the gates, at Wood Lane were
covered with white paper when I visited, yesterday. My RADAR key gave me
access, which Westfield, who are snagging the station, did not intend I
should have.

My interest in out of station interchanges is closely related to my
interest in toilets. I don't see that spending a penny during an
underground journey should cost an extra fare.
--
Walter Briscoe

Old January 15th 09, 05:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 22:22:19 +0000, Walter Briscoe
wrote:

Canning Town DFM - I suspect they refer to bus station facilities

Out of use last time I tried, seemed semi-permanent.

Neil

--
Neil Williams
Old January 15th 09, 11:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
Canning Town * * * * * * * * * *DFM - I suspect they refer to bus station facilities

Out of use last time I tried, seemed semi-permanent.

I'm not sure I'd be so certain about that - I've generally found that
the toilets at TfL bus stations are indeed open when they're supposed
to be open.

And the ****oir at Vauxhall is always open, open to the elements that
is! The proper toilets there are open during the daytime.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/j-sin/2545116442/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/msnoir/2559897300/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/skuds/117369229/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/skuds/117369228/
Old January 15th 09, 12:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

They should put a load of these around like in Amsterdam - bloody excellent
after a day on the beer
http://www.flickr.com/photos/herbivore/325323197/

Old January 15th 09, 01:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 15 Jan, 13:20, "Frank Incense" wrote:
They should put a load of these around like in Amsterdam - bloody excellent
after a day on the beer
http://www.flickr.com/photos/herbivore/325323197/

But they already do! Well, in the City of Westminster at least - I
think these generally only make an appearance at weekends in the
evenings (or perhaps they also come out on weekday evenings - I
haven't been paying attention!):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidm69/200986865/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/simplebitsdan/170068752/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/scottrettberg/1596378/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/loopzilla/83930971/

There are also some more permanent installations that only open up in
the evenings. This design has a kind of flip-out door that is opened
up in the evenings:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rakkar/119005020/
One such facility, or rather convenience I should say, can be found on
Adelaide Street - that's the mostly pedestrianised street behind St
Martin-in-the-Fields and runs between Duncannon Street and William IV
Street just north of Charing Cross station.

This one meanwhile appears out of the ground!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jwriccardi/1376971612/
I must say I haven't specifically noticed any of these. I think this
one is at Cambridge Circus, in front of the Palace Theatre. I *think*
the guy in front is actually raising it via remote control - there
appears to be something in his hand. Now if someone were to figure out
how the remote control system works, and even produce some such
devices for sale to the masses... ;-)

Old January 16th 09, 02:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 15 Jan, 14:02, Mizter T wrote:

The urine is processed and turned into synthetic squid ink.
Old January 16th 09, 02:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jan 15, 2:02*pm, Mizter T wrote:

This one meanwhile appears out of the ground!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jwriccardi/1376971612/
I must say I haven't specifically noticed any of these. I think this
one is at Cambridge Circus, in front of the Palace Theatre. I *think*
the guy in front is actually raising it via remote control - there
appears to be something in his hand. Now if someone were to figure out
how the remote control system works, and even produce some such
devices for sale to the masses... ;-)

There's also one in Leicester Square. The reason they have someone
raising an lowering it rather than doing the job from a central
control is to stop the obvious idiots stand on top as it goes up or
staying inside when it goes down.

Neill

Old January 16th 09, 07:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jan 15, 6:26*am, (Neil Williams)
wrote:

Canning Town * * * * * * * * * *DFM - I suspect they refer to bus station facilities

Out of use last time I tried, seemed semi-permanent.

No can at Canning Town ?

--
Nick
Old January 21st 09, 08:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

There is a new yellow poster and leaflet describing accessibility
facilities. I have a file of toilet locations and was interested in new
information. The map is at
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/toilets-map.pdf which should be
read in conjunction with
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...seful-informat
ion.pdf and taken with a lot of salt. e.g. Colindale is falsely alleged
to have customer toilets; those at Harrow & Wealdstone are not
mentioned; those at Turnham Green (where the alleged accessible toilet
does not exist and why would it at a station without step-free
facilities) are permanently closed in response to vandalism. I have
started communication with .

Also Willesden Junction has toilets - FM on platforms 1/3; dunno
anout D but station seems to be accessible.

I question the tolets at Barking - I recall that the only ones were
in the burger bar and strictly for their customers only.
--
Peter Lawrence