Old February 10th 09, 09:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Que?

I receive TfL email travel alerts which included this gem today:

CIRCLE LINE: Severe delays are occurring due to the late finish of
engineering work at Finchley Road.

????

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Old February 10th 09, 09:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Helen Deborah Vecht gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying:

I receive TfL email travel alerts which included this gem today:

CIRCLE LINE: Severe delays are occurring due to the late finish of
engineering work at Finchley Road.

????

That was down for the Met line earlier, too.

random speculation
SWMBO thought there'd been a signal failure at Finchley Rd - which is
probably what they were fixing - and it's entirely possible that that
caused a knock-on down to the signals at the Circle/Met split at Baker
St...

Either that, or a Circle Line driver's got lost.

Old February 10th 09, 01:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
I receive TfL email travel alerts which included this gem today:

CIRCLE LINE: Severe delays are occurring due to the late finish of
engineering work at Finchley Road.

Maybe one or two Circle Line trains enter service from Neasden depot, or
the drivers do so couldn't get to their stabled train on time?

Old February 10th 09, 07:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Feb 10, 8:24*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 10:17:08 GMT, Helen Deborah Vecht

wrote:
I receive TfL email travel alerts which included this gem today:

CIRCLE LINE: Severe delays are occurring due to the late finish of
engineering work at Finchley Road.

Some of the C stock used for the Circle line stables at Neasden as there
is not enough space at Hammersmith and the other bolt holes like
Triangle sidings and elsewhere.

There were severe problems with flooding on the Met Line tracks last
night - burst main and a collapsed drain I think - and remedial work to
get the water away overran. *This would explain why, in part, there were
severe delays. *

The other element is just that the complex interworking of the North
side of the Circle can get badly knocked out if just one of the lines
goes wrong and trains miss their slots at the junctions at Baker St,
Aldgate north and south, Gloucester Rd / High St Ken and Edgware Road.
You may well see the Met Line have delays even though a signal failure
is at Edgware Road.

--
Paul C

Do they still park C stock at Neasden? I guess they must, but I
thought they didn't any more (and I assumed it might correspond to
Barking sidings going over mainly to C stock at some point).

Old February 10th 09, 08:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
I receive TfL email travel alerts which included this gem today:

CIRCLE LINE: Severe delays are occurring due to the late finish of
engineering work at Finchley Road.

Some of the C stock used for the Circle line stables at Neasden as there
is not enough space at Hammersmith and the other bolt holes like
Triangle sidings and elsewhere.

There were severe problems with flooding on the Met Line tracks last
night - burst main and a collapsed drain I think - and remedial work to
get the water away overran. *This would explain why, in part, there were
severe delays.

Can and does LU claim against Thames Water when such incidents occur?

Old February 10th 09, 08:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote in
:

I receive TfL email travel alerts which included this gem today:

CIRCLE LINE: Severe delays are occurring due to the late finish of
engineering work at Finchley Road.

????

Well I arrived at Farringdon this evening to see that the Circle Line
wasn't running due to a signal failure at Barking...

Obviously a typical day in the life of the Circle Line.

(and before anybody asks, the notice was 100% correct, said signal failure
having taken out most of the east end of the District plus bits of the
Circle and H&C).

David

Old February 11th 09, 09:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Feb 10, 8:24*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
The other element is just that the complex interworking of the North
side of the Circle can get badly knocked out if just one of the lines
goes wrong and trains miss their slots at the junctions at Baker St,
Aldgate north and south, Gloucester Rd / High St Ken and Edgware Road.
You may well see the Met Line have delays even though a signal failure
is at Edgware Road.

I'm guessing thats why they want to rejig the service by remapping the
line routes (or something) so the circle line is no longer and the H&C
gets elongated?

B2003