Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 2nd 09, 05:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default DLR Tower Gateway

MIG wrote:
On 2 Mar, 15:40, Paul Corfield wrote:
Slightly surprised no one has mentioned this but

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...tre/11275.aspx

says Tower Gateway has reopened.

Paul Corfield
via Google

They had already said it was going to.

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....63298098?hl=en

It would have been handy for me if it had been open on Saturday, oh
well.

To be fair, there wasn't much of the DLR opened on the western section
on Saturday, and not much Jubilee or District Line action either. I
actually took the river bus to Canary Wharf and back because there was
literally no other decent option (train to Greenwich then DLR being the
next best). I actually spent an entire day mooching around town without
ever going on a tube or bus - I managed to cope with just train, boat,
walk and finally taxi.

The river bus is good but expensive, and takes a lot of staff for the
number of passengers (just under two bendy buses, I reckon, with
something like five or six crew on board plus crew at the landing
piers). It's quick east of the Tower, though, my phone GPS had it at
50km/h+.

Tom