Old September 29th 03, 08:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Kew Bridge Bus Lane Suspended

....after much pressure from local residents.

As of last night, the signs have been removed but not the road markings.

Robin

Old September 29th 03, 11:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Robin Cox wrote:
...after much pressure from local residents.

As of last night, the signs have been removed but not the
road markings.

Shame.

Old September 29th 03, 06:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

...after much pressure from local residents.

As of last night, the signs have been removed but not the road markings.

Another victory for democracy over the roaring fascists of the left wing
Old September 29th 03, 11:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 19:39:09 +0100, Paul Weaver
wrote:

...after much pressure from local residents.

As of last night, the signs have been removed but not the road markings.

Another victory for democracy over the roaring fascists of the left wing

You are a troll (see posting on the tube) and I claim my £5.

Rob.
--
rob at robertwoolley dot co dot uk
Old September 30th 03, 07:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 08:54:16 GMT, Robin Cox wrote:

...after much pressure from local residents.

As of last night, the signs have been removed but not the road markings.

yep I spotted them pulling it all done on Sunday.

I guess we wait and see what happens, I'm not convinced that any car
journeys will change at all. Having travelled along there many times the
flow of traffic is just, well, irregular.

Anyone know if the cycle lanes across the bridge still exist? They went
MIA when the bridge was tarted up.

Steve

Old September 30th 03, 07:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Robin Cox" wrote the following in:

...after much pressure from local residents.

As of last night, the signs have been removed but not the road
markings.

If you see a bus lane without signs, you're supposed to assume it's in
operation 24 hours a day.

--
message by Robin May, consumer of liquids
"A very large head, a head like a bear's"

Hacker is to computer as boy racer is to Ford Escort.
Old September 30th 03, 09:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Robin May" wrote in message
"Robin Cox" wrote the following in:

...after much pressure from local residents.

As of last night, the signs have been removed but not the road
markings.

If you see a bus lane without signs, you're supposed to assume it's in
operation 24 hours a day.

No, a 24/7 bus lane requires at least one sign.

However, where you see a bus lane sign that has no times, you are
supposed to assume that it operates 24/7.

Part of the Kew Bridge congestion problem is the 24/7 bus lane (with
sign as described above and enforcement camera) on the road leading
N/B from the bridge to Chiswick Roundabout, past Brentford Fountain.
This reduces the roadspace to one lane between the bridge (two lanes)
and the roundabout approach (three lanes) causing tailbacks onto the
bridge and back to Kew (and Sheen and Richmond etc).

Robin

Kew Gardens and gunnersbury Rob London Transport 10 July 12th 04 09:23 PM
Kew Gardens and Gunnersbury Rob London Transport 0 July 10th 04 09:52 AM
Kew Bridge bus lane zerling London Transport 6 April 3rd 04 10:19 PM
Getting to Kew Tim London Transport 10 February 25th 04 09:09 AM
Kew Village Forum Christopher London Transport 0 January 6th 04 02:32 PM