Old March 9th 09, 08:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tube informations

I've planned holiday in london, i'll arrive sunday in the afternoon to
stratford and i need to buy a travelcard. I've checked ticket office
opening hours but i don't know what's the difference between main and
jubiliee (http://tinyurl.com/cylr5g).
I'd also like to know how busy is the jubilee line during the week at 9
o'clock, is it hard to find a seat goind toward backer street?

Thanks in advance

Old March 9th 09, 08:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Davide Trani" wrote in message
I've planned holiday in london, i'll arrive sunday in the afternoon to
stratford and i need to buy a travelcard. I've checked ticket office
opening hours but i don't know what's the difference between main and
jubiliee (http://tinyurl.com/cylr5g).

The main ticket office is the one by the entrance to the station. You
will be able to buy a travelcard there. There is also a small ticket
office by the Jubilee line platforms that is only open in the peak
hours.

I'd also like to know how busy is the jubilee line during the week at
9 o'clock, is it hard to find a seat goind toward backer street?

Stratford is the end of the Jubilee line so you will have no problem
getting a seat.

Peter Smyth

Old March 9th 09, 10:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 22:54:15 +0100, Davide Trani wrote:

I've planned holiday in london, i'll arrive sunday in the afternoon to
stratford and i need to buy a travelcard. I've checked ticket office
opening hours but i don't know what's the difference between main and
jubiliee (http://tinyurl.com/cylr5g).
I'd also like to know how busy is the jubilee line during the week at 9
o'clock, is it hard to find a seat goind toward backer street?

There are two ticket offices at Stratford - one by an interchange
gateline at the end of the Jubilee Line platforms and one by the Main
entrance. The one you will most likely use is the Main ticket office.
Stratford is a busy station so the ticket office will most likely be
busy at almost any time of the day.

Make sure you have read up about Oyster cards as your Travelcard will be
issued on Oyster if you buy it at Stratford.

https://oyster.tfl.gov.uk/oyster/entry.do

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...s-zones1-6.pdf

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/faresa...ets/10628.aspx

You have not said how you are arriving at Stratford but please make sure
you check what train lines are running as there is a lot of engineering
work on the Underground (and rail) network. Stratford nearly always has
one line closed - either Central or Jubilee Line - on a Sunday because
of the work to expand capacity for the Olympics.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravel...offset=weekend

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/servic...AndFuture.html

The Jubilee Line is very busy indeed on a weekday but as Jubilee Line
trains start from Stratford you should be able to find a seat - maybe
not on the first train but perhaps on the second one. The displays show
what train departs when and from what platform.

Happy travels.

--
Paul C

Simples.