Old September 29th 03, 06:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default ON Network

As far as I can see all this consists of is an Orange poster on the wall of
the nominated stations.

No increase in services (in fact no changes to services at all), no new
signage, no integrated maps, no nothing.

So what are they spending the money on, or am I just expecting too much that
they should get things in place for the start of the scheme?

Colin

Old September 30th 03, 07:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Colin" wrote in message
As far as I can see all this consists of is an Orange poster on the wall

of
the nominated stations.

No increase in services (in fact no changes to services at all), no new
signage, no integrated maps, no nothing.

So what are they spending the money on, or am I just expecting too much

that
they should get things in place for the start of the scheme?

Colin

See this press release about todays 'launch':

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/rail/press-746.shtml

There is also a brochure explaining what it's supposed to be about:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/rail/downloads...n-brochure.pdf

Colin

Old September 30th 03, 08:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Colin" wrote:

As far as I can see all this consists of is an Orange poster on the wall of
the nominated stations.

I read about this in the Metro tody.

The Overground Network network, apparently.

--
James Farrar |
London, SE13 |

Old October 3rd 03, 09:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

As far as I can see all this consists of is an Orange poster on the wall
of
the nominated stations.

It comes with a shiny new map and 'Local Area Info' board, which will no
doubt be Illegible by tomorrow morning at most of the stations.

No increase in services (in fact no changes to services at all), no new
signage, no integrated maps, no nothing.

There are maps, but very badly built and make it seem that you can
interchange at various places when you cant!

So what are they spending the money on

See Above

Basically the ON is a group of stations and lines that were grouped and
given a few signs to promote off-peak travel.
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For the Latest News, Information and Photos check out

Left Luggage at Network Rail london Stations London Transport 3 January 19th 04 10:24 AM
Network Rail JNugent London Transport 24 November 15th 03 07:30 PM
Network Rail JNugent London Transport 1 November 14th 03 12:37 PM
Network Rail Colin McKenzie London Transport 0 October 25th 03 08:30 PM
Network rail & Clapham Junction John London Transport 5 October 4th 03 07:58 AM