Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 10th 09, 07:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default East Croydon to St Albans on FCC with stopover

I wish to buy a return from East Croydon to St Albans. I'll go direct
with FCC, but on return I'd like to get out at Farringdon before
continuing to East Croydon. Any ideas how to achieve this in the most
cost-effective way?

Assuming I'm not permitted to break the journey, I could use my Oyster
PAYG to exit. But then I suppose I'd get charged the max fare? Or could
I touch in at the point between the FCC and LUL platforms before
touching in at the barrier on exit... but would I then be charged?

As far as I know, the ticket is via any permitted route. So perhaps
exiting at a terminal is possible?

Incidentally, and annoyingly, I notice that a return from St Albans to
East Croydon is cheaper. Strangely (to me anyway), even cheaper still is
a "Travelcard" from St Albans which presumably allows you to go Z5 East
Croydon.

--
jimbo99
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com