London Banter

-   -   NEWS: Tube Driver Faints (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/779-news-tube-driver-faints.html)

Cast_Iron October 1st 03 11:41 AM

NEWS: Tube Driver Faints

wrote:
In article
,
(Joe Patrick) wrote:

http://www.freewebs.com/news.html#news24
Tube Driver Faints on Moving Train

One important thing that doesn't seem to have been picked
up anywhere in the various reports of this is why was the
train going along with the cab door open anyway? If the
story is true as told, then it doesn't say much for the
quality of the I/Op (road trainer) that was training him
and this is definitely a disciplinary issue. It would seem
that the trainee was very lucky in just getting away with a
few bruises.

The trainee opened the door because he was feeling faint, wanted fresh air
and then fainted.

Cast_Iron October 1st 03 11:45 AM

Tube Driver Faints

Boltar wrote:
"Joe Patrick" wrote in message
http://www.freewebs.com/railwaysonline/news.html#news24

You have to wonder what kind of man feels sick and faints
just because
some other guys are discussing a vasectomy. I'm relly not
sure I'd want
this lightweight in charge of my train and god knows how
he'd react in an
emergency that possibly involved injuries. Burst into tears
and throw up
over the passengers?

How someone reacts to a conversation and how they react to a real event are
two totally different things. I also suffer the same probelm and have
meaasured my length in a pub when a discussion I was in got round to such
things (I did manage to put my pint on the bar first), despite the fact that
the injury we were talking about was mine. I've have also had to deal with
various emergencies and do so without folding up.

[email protected] October 1st 03 03:19 PM

NEWS: Tube Driver Faints

In article ,
(Cast_Iron) wrote:

wrote:
In article
,
(Joe Patrick) wrote:

http://www.freewebs.com/news.html#news24
Tube Driver Faints on Moving Train

One important thing that doesn't seem to have been picked
up anywhere in the various reports of this is why was the
train going along with the cab door open anyway? If the
story is true as told, then it doesn't say much for the
quality of the I/Op (road trainer) that was training him
and this is definitely a disciplinary issue. It would seem
that the trainee was very lucky in just getting away with a
few bruises.

The trainee opened the door because he was feeling faint, wanted fresh
air
and then fainted.

That was one option I hadn't thought of - is that confirmed as to what
happened?. Either way, the I/Op is still responsible for the train and
even if the trainee had only just opened the door, the I/Op should have
been watching out.

Roger

Cast_Iron October 1st 03 03:29 PM

NEWS: Tube Driver Faints

wrote:
In article ,
(Cast_Iron) wrote:

wrote:
In article
,
(Joe Patrick) wrote:

http://www.freewebs.com/news.html#news24
Tube Driver Faints on Moving Train

One important thing that doesn't seem to have been picked
up anywhere in the various reports of this is why was the
train going along with the cab door open anyway? If the
story is true as told, then it doesn't say much for the
quality of the I/Op (road trainer) that was training him
and this is definitely a disciplinary issue. It would seem
that the trainee was very lucky in just getting away with
few bruises.

The trainee opened the door because he was feeling faint,
wanted fresh air
and then fainted.

That was one option I hadn't thought of - is that confirmed
as to what happened?.

That is definite.

Either way, the I/Op is still
responsible for the train and even if the trainee had only
just opened the door, the I/Op should have been watching
out.

Agreed. A definitive version can be seen at
http://billz1064.proboards.com/index...display&num=10
64934736

Boltar October 1st 03 05:53 PM

Tube Driver Faints

"Cast_Iron" wrote in message ...
How someone reacts to a conversation and how they react to a real event are
two totally different things. I also suffer the same probelm and have
meaasured my length in a pub when a discussion I was in got round to such
things (I did manage to put my pint on the bar first), despite the fact that
the injury we were talking about was mine. I've have also had to deal with

I guess your nickname on here is ironic then?

various emergencies and do so without folding up.

Uh huh. And what happens if someone gets injured and you have to discuss it
with a paramedic? Will you just say "Oh , excuse me I feel faint, I must go to the
powder room..." ??

B2003

Cast_Iron October 1st 03 06:19 PM

Tube Driver Faints

Boltar wrote:
"Cast_Iron" wrote in message
How someone reacts to a conversation and how they react to
a real event are
two totally different things. I also suffer the same
probelm and have
meaasured my length in a pub when a discussion I was in
got round to such
things (I did manage to put my pint on the bar first),
despite the fact that
the injury we were talking about was mine. I've have also
had to deal with

I guess your nickname on here is ironic then?

various emergencies and do so without folding up.

Uh huh. And what happens if someone gets injured and you
have to discuss it
with a paramedic? Will you just say "Oh , excuse me I feel
faint, I must go to the
powder room..." ??

B2003

One is what one is, grow up.

Cast_Iron October 7th 03 07:10 AM

Tube Driver Faints

"Joe Patrick" wrote in message
om...
http://www.freewebs.com/news.html#news24
Tube Driver Faints on Moving Train

NEWS? You must be joking, this is more like ancient history!!

Cast_Iron October 7th 03 08:35 AM

Tube Driver Faints

Robin Mayes wrote:
"Steve Naïve" wrote in message

One day the media will actually get the place right in one
of their reports!

What and spoil a perfectly consistent record? :-)