Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 7th 09, 05:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Is the teacup necessary?

On 2009/04/02 at about 1600, I arrived at Aldgate at platform 4 on an
anti-clockwise Circle line train. I did not hear the driver's message.
There were Metropolitan trains on platforms 2 (which left first) and 3.
I switched to the train on platform 3 (3/4 are 2 sides of an island
platform) when it got green. Although I did not time events, the Journey
Planner suggests a Metropolitan service interval of about 10 minutes.

Since then, I have been thinking about the teacup proposals, whose main
rationale seems to be that there is nowhere to store Circle line trains.
Aldgate seems a good candidate in both directions. Gloucester Road
clockwise and the line between High Street Kensington and Gloucester
Road anti-clockwise seem OK. (Does the latter allow passing Wimbledons?)
Hence my question above.
--
Walter Briscoe

Walton-on-Thames railway station no longer a bus teacup. Michael R N Dolbear London Transport 1 September 1st 15 08:28 AM
teacup Roland Perry London Transport 43 March 20th 10 05:03 PM
Publicity about Circle Line going Teacup [email protected] London Transport 118 December 14th 09 05:17 PM
"Due to necessary engineering work...." K London Transport 6 March 29th 05 10:09 AM
Qualifications necessary to become a station rank taxi driver Oleg Kirov London Transport 4 July 7th 04 01:58 AM