Old April 23rd 09, 11:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster fares and Shepherd's Bush London Overground ( Revisited )

In article
,
(Mizter T) wrote:

On Apr 22, 11:32*pm, asdf wrote:

On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 03:42:34 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
Hi there,
Done some travelling on an old familiar route ( Central Station to
NLL station) and noticed some fare changes. Apologies in advance if
this is old news.

South Ruislip / Greenford ( Central Line) to Camden Road ( NLL / LO)
is now a £2.20 fare and is classified as a via Z1 journey
irrespective of which route you take. When did this increase take
place ? I know that Greenford - Camden Road ( via NLL/LO) used to
be £1.10 back in February.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what would be the way to use the
S. Ruislip - Camden Rd via Shepherds Bush (LO) route and get the
system to recognise that you have not transgressed into Z1 hence
allowing one to benefit from a *zone 2-6 (£3.00) cap. Some months
back it was suggested to me to alight at White City and then walk
through Westfield Shopping Centre to Shepherd's Bush London
Overground and resume my journey from there. The alternative was
to touch in at a pad at Willesden Junction to tray to convince the
system that I am not going through Z1. However, *I have noticed
today that South Ruislip / Greenford to Willesden Junction is also
a £2.20 fare ( via Z1) so this method will not apply. My only
option seems to be to stagger the main journey into several
sub-journeys as previously advised.

Perhaps this is a silly idea, but have you tried: South Ruislip -
Wembley Stadium - Wembley Park - West Hampstead - Camden Road?

That is a silly idea!

More or less silly than South Ruislip - Wembley Stadium - Wembley Central
- Willesden Junction - Camden Road? The walk in Wembley is shorter at
least.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old April 23rd 09, 01:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 23 Apr, 12:41, wrote:
The walk in Wembley is shorter at least.

I'm not sure any walk can be short enough to compensate for the "in
Wembley" part of that sentence. Wembley Central is quite possibly the
most dank disgusting run down station in the country. And that's if
you ignore that the entrance is currently a pile of rubble.