Old April 16th 09, 09:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport

Default Cyclists allowed to run red lights?

Adrian wrote:

I have a cat sat on my lap at the moment, preventing me from reaching the
laptop easily. Even by cat standards, this gormless fluffbucket is thick
as two short planks.

When did you get hold of my cat?

Old April 16th 09, 09:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport

David Hansen wrote:

While laws governing the UK are passed in Belgium the UK cannot be a
country.

Perhaps you would like to explain which laws passed in Belgium govern
the UK?

tumbleweed
Old April 16th 09, 09:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 09:59:17 +0100
David Hansen wrote:

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 00:51:23 +0100 someone who may be Derek
wrote this:-

While laws governing Scotland are passed in England Scotland cannot be
a country.

Laws governing Greenland are passed in Denmark. The same used to be
true of Iceland.

If, for the sake of argument, one accepts the claim that the UK is a
country then by the argument above it cannot be a country. While
laws governing the UK are passed in Belgium the UK cannot be a
country.

Scotland is a country, wales and NI are provinces. Scotland had its own
monarchy until james wandered south in the 17th century and its own self
governing parliament up until the 18th century. Wales was never anything more
than an area of tribal feifdoms living around some mountains who happened to
speak the same language. Even their so called princes never controlled the
whole region and since the 13th century its effectively been part of
england anyway. Ireland like wales was just a mishmash of tribes and could
never really be called a country other than by definition of its coastline.

B2003

Old April 16th 09, 10:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport

(Steve Firth) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

I have a cat sat on my lap at the moment, preventing me from reaching
the laptop easily. Even by cat standards, this gormless fluffbucket is
thick as two short planks.

When did you get hold of my cat?

Careful, you'll fuel Toomtard's "Steve Firth Collective" fantasies.
Old April 16th 09, 11:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport

Adrian wrote:

David Hansen gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying:

If, for the sake of argument, one accepts the claim that the UK is a
country then by the argument above it cannot be a country. While laws
governing the UK are passed in Belgium the UK cannot be a country.

Just as well they aren't, eh?

Tssk, eh? Hansen not understanding the political constitution of the EU.
Yet on previous occasions he has claimed to be a political advisor and
lobbyist to the European Parliament on transport and environmental
issues. One would think that such an important individual would have
bothered to acquaint himself with the legal relationship of the EU to
the UK constitution before attempting to tell the Eurocrats how to
manage transport and the environment.

EU directives are approved and passed into UK law by Westminster. Yes, UK
law. England, Wales, NI _and_ Scotland.

Yebbut "it's Oor Oil!" Actually we've just about used it all up, so
Scotland can have the empty tin back.

Old April 16th 09, 11:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport

Adrian wrote:

Careful, you'll fuel Toomtard's "Steve Firth Collective" fantasies.

I did note that the drooling retard who wasn't going to post here again
has in fact posted yet another incoherent, rambling load of old
********. It was posted not long after lunchtime opening, presumably via
a WiFi point in the local Wetherspoons.
Old April 16th 09, 11:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

"J. Chisholm" gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

Yesterday I approached, on my bike, a junction that had both an approach
lane and an Advanced Stop Box. The lights were RED. There was a cyclist
in the box, but the first vehicle was a van indicating left. Both myself
and another cyclists waited to the rear of the first vehicle. (We we
aware that the first vehicle in a Q at lights normally just looks at the
light and moves off when they change without looking around). Another
van was pulled up along side us. When the lights changed we all moved
off. As we reached the junction the van that had been alongside STARTED
to indicate left and pulled across our paths.

I don't think anybody's ever claimed that there aren't a substantial
number of ****wits driving on the roads of this country.

If it's not a silly question, why did you stop in a position where he
could pull up alongside?
Old April 16th 09, 11:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport

(Steve Firth) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

If, for the sake of argument, one accepts the claim that the UK is a
country then by the argument above it cannot be a country. While laws
governing the UK are passed in Belgium the UK cannot be a country.

Just as well they aren't, eh?

Tssk, eh? Hansen not understanding the political constitution of the EU.
Yet on previous occasions he has claimed to be a political advisor and
lobbyist to the European Parliament on transport and environmental
issues. One would think that such an important individual would have
bothered to acquaint himself with the legal relationship of the EU to
the UK constitution before attempting to tell the Eurocrats how to
manage transport and the environment.

Still. At least he can sit there and look at his Scottish passport to
remind himself that Scotland is a country.

Oh, wait a minute.
Old April 16th 09, 11:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport

Adrian wrote:

[Hansen]

Still. At least he can sit there and look at his Scottish passport to
remind himself that Scotland is a country.

Oh, wait a minute.

Look on the good side, he'd have to get through passport control in
order to enter England.

Oh, wait a minute.
Old April 16th 09, 11:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

Adrian wrote:

If it's not a silly question, why did you stop in a position where he
could pull up alongside?

Because had I stopped outside the cycle lane I would have risked being
hit or abused by one of those many drivers who believe if there is a
cycle lane I should be in it!

Jim