Old October 4th 03, 02:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bounds Green to Heathrow

Bounds Green to Heathrow on the Piccadilly Line, mid morning on Monday.
How long should I allow for the journey ??

Thanks

--
Edward Cowling London UK

Old October 4th 03, 03:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Edward Cowling London UK wrote the
following in:

Bounds Green to Heathrow on the Piccadilly Line, mid morning on
Monday. How long should I allow for the journey ??

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/

It seems to think about 1:13, although that's probably an optimistic
time and if you don't set it to "least interchange", it'll send you
round to Paddington and put you on the Heathrow Express instead of just
getting on the Piccadilly line all the way.

--
message by Robin May, consumer of liquids
Hello. I'm one of those "roaring fascists of the left wing".

Hacker is to computer as boy racer is to Ford Escort.
Old October 4th 03, 05:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Robin May
writes
Edward Cowling London UK wrote the
following in:

Bounds Green to Heathrow on the Piccadilly Line, mid morning on
Monday. How long should I allow for the journey ??

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/

It seems to think about 1:13, although that's probably an optimistic
time and if you don't set it to "least interchange", it'll send you
round to Paddington and put you on the Heathrow Express instead of just
getting on the Piccadilly line all the way.

It may be quicker, but who fancies all the messing about changing
trains.

Thanks, I'll give it 1.5 hours to be safe.

--
Edward Cowling London UK
Old October 4th 03, 05:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Edward Cowling London UK" wrote in message
Bounds Green to Heathrow on the Piccadilly Line, mid morning on Monday.
How long should I allow for the journey ??

A good rule of thumb on the underground is to allow 2 minutes per station
stop.

Old October 4th 03, 08:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

From: Edward Cowling London UK
Date: 04/10/2003 15:54 GMT Daylight Time

Bounds Green to Heathrow on the Piccadilly Line, mid morning on Monday.
How long should I allow for the journey ??

Thanks

About three weeks to allow for cancellations, failed trains and ****poor
management. Take some sandwiches and a thermos of soup with you.

Old October 4th 03, 10:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 15:54:55 +0100, Edward Cowling London UK
wrote:

Bounds Green to Heathrow on the Piccadilly Line, mid morning on Monday.
How long should I allow for the journey ??

Great, now I know which joker with all the luggage to scowl at!
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk
Old October 4th 03, 10:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Cast_Iron" typed

"Edward Cowling London UK" wrote in message
Bounds Green to Heathrow on the Piccadilly Line, mid morning on Monday.
How long should I allow for the journey ??

A good rule of thumb on the underground is to allow 2 minutes per station
stop.

I would allow a little more than that, like 2½ mins. 2 stops per 5 mins
is easy eough to calculate.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old October 4th 03, 10:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
"Cast_Iron" typed

"Edward Cowling London UK"
wrote in message
Bounds Green to Heathrow on the Piccadilly Line, mid
morning on Monday. How long should I allow for the
journey ??

A good rule of thumb on the underground is to allow 2
minutes per station stop.

I would allow a little more than that, like 2½ mins. 2
stops per 5 mins
is easy eough to calculate.

Whilst better to allow more than less the 2 minutes is based on many years
experience.

Old October 5th 03, 07:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Cast_Iron" typed

I would allow a little more than that, like 2½ mins. 2
stops per 5 mins
is easy eough to calculate.

Whilst better to allow more than less the 2 minutes is based on many years
experience.

I suppose it depends on which parts of which lines you frequent. I live
on the outer fringes of the Northern Line, where 2½ mins is the correct
allowance. My other regular journey is Preston Road to Uxbridge on the
Met (10 stops) for which the 'average' journey time is given as 26 min.

Inner London stations are far closer so need less time.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old October 5th 03, 08:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Nick Cooper
writes
wrote:

Bounds Green to Heathrow on the Piccadilly Line, mid morning on Monday.
How long should I allow for the journey ??

Great, now I know which joker with all the luggage to scowl at!

It does seem typically British to run a service to the airport, but have
no real provision for luggage space.

Mind you I promise not to have all my belongings in a back pack !

Forget Pedo's and terrorists it's the back packers we should really be
going after :-)

--
Edward Cowling London UK

Parking Arnos Grove/Bounds Green Kev London Transport 13 June 22nd 07 09:44 PM
Green cameras FoxTravel London Transport 0 July 25th 03 05:43 PM
Green cameras Jon London Transport 0 July 25th 03 01:14 PM
Green cameras Roger the cabin boy London Transport 0 July 25th 03 01:01 PM
Wood Green... and lights... james007 London Transport 4 July 16th 03 07:57 AM