Old June 20th 07, 10:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Kev Kev is offline

Default Parking Arnos Grove/Bounds Green

I need to visit the New Southgate/Bowes Park area and then go the the
Kings Cross area. I will driving on the North Circular Road from the
west. I want to do my business then park up and go to Kings Cross on
the Picc line then return to the car. What is parking like around
Arnos Grove, Bounds Green or even Wood Green?
I don't mind a walk from where ever I park as I guess certianly on the
south side of the NCR it will be restricted.

Kevin

Old June 20th 07, 10:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Kev" wrote in message
oups.com...
I need to visit the New Southgate/Bowes Park area and then go the the
Kings Cross area. I will driving on the North Circular Road from the
west. I want to do my business then park up and go to Kings Cross on
the Picc line then return to the car. What is parking like around
Arnos Grove, Bounds Green or even Wood Green?
I don't mind a walk from where ever I park as I guess certianly on the
south side of the NCR it will be restricted.

Kevin

There is a huge car park at Arnos Grove station (well 2 actually, one either
side of the line). There is nowhere at Bounds Green or Wood Green.
--
Cheers, Steve.
Change jealous to sad to reply.

Old June 21st 07, 07:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Sam Sam is offline

On 20 Jun, 11:04, Kev wrote:
I need to visit the New Southgate/Bowes Park area and then go the the
Kings Cross area. I will driving on the North Circular Road from the
west. I want to do my business then park up and go to Kings Cross on
the Picc line then return to the car. What is parking like around
Arnos Grove, Bounds Green or even Wood Green?
I don't mind a walk from where ever I park as I guess certianly on the
south side of the NCR it will be restricted.

I had to do a very similar journey to this last year. On the advice of
people in this group, I parked on street (for free) very close to New
Southgate mainline rail station (not the Tube station). You can then
get the train from there direct to King's Cross or Moorgate (or change
onto the Picc at Finsbury Park if you prefer).

Sam

Old June 21st 07, 08:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Kev Kev is offline

On Jun 21, 8:17 am, Sam wrote:
On 20 Jun, 11:04, Kev wrote:

I need to visit the New Southgate/Bowes Park area and then go the the
Kings Cross area. I will driving on the North Circular Road from the
west. I want to do my business then park up and go to Kings Cross on
the Picc line then return to the car. What is parking like around
Arnos Grove, Bounds Green or even Wood Green?
I don't mind a walk from where ever I park as I guess certianly on the
south side of the NCR it will be restricted.

I had to do a very similar journey to this last year. On the advice of
people in this group, I parked on street (for free) very close to New
Southgate mainline rail station (not the Tube station). You can then
get the train from there direct to King's Cross or Moorgate (or change
onto the Picc at Finsbury Park if you prefer).

Sam

Good point but I guess the Victoria for Kings Cross at Finsbury Park
would be a better bet. I don't suppose oystercards are valid at New
Southgate though.

Kevin

Old June 21st 07, 11:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 21 Jun, 09:09, Kev wrote:
Good point but I guess the Victoria for Kings Cross at Finsbury Park
would be a better bet. I don't suppose oystercards are valid at New
Southgate though.

Not sure about pay as you go , but travelcard ones are because I've
used mine on that line (though not that particular station).

B2003

Old June 21st 07, 12:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 21 Jun, 12:30, Boltar wrote:
Good point but I guess the Victoria for Kings Cross at Finsbury Park
would be a better bet. I don't suppose oystercards are valid at New
Southgate though.

Not sure about pay as you go , but travelcard ones are because I've
used mine on that line (though not that particular station).

PAYG is valid on FCC only in the area bounded by Finsbury Park and
Kentish Town to the north, and Elephant & Castle and London Bridge to
the south.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

Old June 21st 07, 12:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Sam Sam is offline

On 21 Jun, 09:09, Kev wrote:
On Jun 21, 8:17 am, Sam wrote:
On 20 Jun, 11:04, Kev wrote:
I need to visit the New Southgate/Bowes Park area and then go the the
Kings Cross area.

I had to do a very similar journey to this last year. On the advice of
people in this group, I parked on street (for free) very close to New
Southgate mainline rail station (not the Tube station). You can then
get the train from there direct to King's Cross or Moorgate (or change
onto the Picc at Finsbury Park if you prefer).

Good point but I guess the Victoria for Kings Cross at Finsbury Park
would be a better bet. I don't suppose oystercards are valid at New
Southgate though.

Yes - Victoria would definitely be quicker, although it may also be
busier. PAYG Oyster isn't valid at New Southgate yet - see the map
here : http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...YG-Diagram.pdf

If you're travelling Off-Peak and you have a Network Railcard, it's
often cheaper to buy a One-Day Travelcard than use PAYG Oyster, even
with the daily capping.

Sam

Old June 21st 07, 12:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 05:11:37 -0700, Sam wrote:

If you're travelling Off-Peak and you have a Network Railcard, it's
often cheaper to buy a One-Day Travelcard than use PAYG Oyster, even
with the daily capping.

Only at weekends - the £10 weekday minimum fare prevents you from
buying a Z1-6 ODTC during the week.
Old June 21st 07, 03:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 21 Jun, 13:11, Sam wrote:
Yes - Victoria would definitely be quicker, although it may also be
busier. PAYG Oyster isn't valid at New Southgate yet - see the map
here :http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...YG-Diagram.pdf

There seem to be a number of routes where you can legally ride with
PAYG but stations on those routes where it seems you can't legally get
on or off! Where the hell is the logic in that?

B2003

Old June 21st 07, 03:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jun 21, 4:17 pm, Boltar wrote:
There seem to be a number of routes where you can legally ride with
PAYG but stations on those routes where it seems you can't legally get
on or off! Where the hell is the logic in that?

Gating, probably. On 'one', for example, you could travel between
Seven Sisters &
Liverpool Street - both of which are gated, but not get out at the
intermediate stops - which
are not gated. PAYG can't work without oyster readers. Existing
gates had to be upgraded
to Oyster to allow Oyster travelcards to continue to work - as were
gatelines which were shared LUL
/national rail, but installing entirely new equipment is another
matter...

--
Abi