Old April 21st 09, 09:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster time limit - changed again?

Flicking through the 2009 fares leaflet at
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...s-zones1-6.pdf the
online version states that:

"Your Tube, DLR, London Overground and National Rail
pay as you go journey must be completed within
a time limit from when you touched in at the start
of your journey. The time limit varies between
70 minutes for the shortest journeys on Monday to
Friday and four hours for some longer journeys on
Sunday. If the time between touching in and touching
out at the end of your journey is more than the time
limit you will be charged more than the Oyster single
fare for your journey. If this happens, you will need
to call the Oyster helpline for assistance."

My printed copy of the leaflet has a fixed time of "two and a half hours".

When did this change?

David

Old April 21st 09, 09:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Apr 21, 10:44*pm, David Jackman pleasereplytogroup wrote:
Flicking through the 2009 fares leaflet athttp://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/fares-and-tickets-zones1-6.pdfthe
online version states that:

"Your Tube, DLR, London Overground and National Rail
pay as you go journey must be completed within
a time limit from when you touched in at the start
of your journey. The time limit varies between
70 minutes for the shortest journeys on Monday to
Friday and four hours for some longer journeys on
Sunday. If the time between touching in and touching
out at the end of your journey is more than the time
limit you will be charged more than the Oyster single
fare for your journey. If this happens, you will need
to call the Oyster helpline for assistance."

My printed copy of the leaflet has a fixed time of "two and a half hours"..

When did this change?

David

Dunno, but that seems to be a drastic reduction in the time limit if
the system thinks you haven't gone far enough.

I would have thought that there should have been a louder announcement
than that. I wonder at what point you can go one stop further to get
a cheaper (resolved) fare?
Old April 21st 09, 10:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"MIG" wrote in message

[...]

It does sound unfair to have this fuzzy rule -- when you touch out after
a delayed journey, it's going to be more important than ever to see what
you've been charged (and in my experience, the gates often don't show
the fare charged). People will need to do a lot more checking of their
on-line journey history.

Old April 21st 09, 10:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"MIG" wrote in message
[...]

Sounds like it could be an interesting topic for a Freedom of
Information Act request.

Peter Smyth

Old April 22nd 09, 12:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message . 145 of
Tue, 21 Apr 2009 16:44:48 in uk.transport.london, David Jackman
writes
Flicking through the 2009 fares leaflet at
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...s-zones1-6.pdf the
online version states that:

"Your Tube, DLR, London Overground and National Rail
pay as you go journey must be completed within
a time limit from when you touched in at the start
of your journey. The time limit varies between
70 minutes for the shortest journeys on Monday to
Friday and four hours for some longer journeys on
Sunday. If the time between touching in and touching
out at the end of your journey is more than the time
limit you will be charged more than the Oyster single
fare for your journey. If this happens, you will need
to call the Oyster helpline for assistance."

My printed copy of the leaflet has a fixed time of "two and a half hours".

When did this change?

If you look on the back outside cover of the printed edition, I think
you will see "November 2008". The online version you show has "February
2009". I saw this printed at Mansion House, yesterday. I was not
checking for differences, but remember a reference to multiple languages
which is absent from the November issue and is on the new online
version. Thanks for flagging this quiet change.
--
Walter Briscoe