London Banter

-   -   Caught driving on a bus lane by camera - what to do? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/802-caught-driving-bus-lane-camera.html)

Volker Finke October 5th 03 09:35 AM

Caught driving on a bus lane by camera - what to do?

I was recently filmed on video by a camera while driving on a bus
lane. I was sent a ticket two days ago, demanding a fine of £50 which
will be increased to £100 if I don't pay within 14 days.
As it happens, I sold the car I used in this incident a few weeks
back. I was told that if you no are no longer the owner of a car that
tickets were issued to you don't have to pay them since auhorities
will eventually give up bothering you. Does the same thing apply to
driving in bus lanes?
Does anyone know? Please let me know soon. I have got to 9 October to
pay before the amount doubles.
Thanks in advance

Wanderingjew698 October 5th 03 09:55 AM

Caught driving on a bus lane by camera - what to do?

Do you have a bill of sale prior to the offense?

Brian Watson October 5th 03 10:55 AM

Caught driving on a bus lane by camera - what to do?

"Volker Finke" wrote in message
om...
I was recently filmed on video by a camera while driving on a bus
lane. I was sent a ticket two days ago, demanding a fine of £50 which
will be increased to £100 if I don't pay within 14 days.

Pay up and don't do it again.

(Hangin's too good for 'em.)

--
Brian
"Style advisor to the seasonally-challenged"

Robert Woolley October 5th 03 10:55 AM

On 5 Oct 2003 02:35:46 -0700, (Volker Finke) wrote:

I was recently filmed on video by a camera while driving on a bus
lane. I was sent a ticket two days ago, demanding a fine of £50 which
will be increased to £100 if I don't pay within 14 days.
As it happens, I sold the car I used in this incident a few weeks
back. I was told that if you no are no longer the owner of a car that
tickets were issued to you don't have to pay them since auhorities
will eventually give up bothering you. Does the same thing apply to
driving in bus lanes?
Does anyone know? Please let me know soon. I have got to 9 October to
pay before the amount doubles.
Thanks in advance

Ring the number given on the Penalty Charge Notice and ask for advice.

You did return the tear-off slip from the V5 to DVLA when you sold the
car, didn't you?

Rob.
--
rob at robertwoolley dot co dot uk

dave F October 5th 03 11:45 AM

Caught driving on a bus lane by camera - what to do?

Volker Finke wrote in message
om...
I was recently filmed on video by a camera while driving on a bus
lane. I was sent a ticket two days ago, demanding a fine of £50 which
will be increased to £100 if I don't pay within 14 days.
As it happens, I sold the car I used in this incident a few weeks
back.

"I was told that if you no are no longer the owner of a car that
tickets were issued to you don't have to pay them since auhorities
will eventually give up bothering you."

Does not stand up in court if you refuse to pay the fine "because you are no
longer the owner". My gf transferred her new car a few weeks ago and she had
to sign a document confirming at date and time she was no longer the
registered driver for that vehicle. This was for both parties interest just
in case the vehicle was involved in a criminal activity (i.e. driven
dangerous, driven along bus lanes, speeding or if was involved in an
accident).

What do you think is best?

daveF

PS. Why were you in a bus lane in the first place? Did you not think about
been fined?

Cast_Iron October 5th 03 11:46 AM

Caught driving on a bus lane by camera - what to do?

"Volker Finke" wrote in message
om...
I was recently filmed on video by a camera while driving on a bus
lane. I was sent a ticket two days ago, demanding a fine of £50 which
will be increased to £100 if I don't pay within 14 days.
As it happens, I sold the car I used in this incident a few weeks
back. I was told that if you no are no longer the owner of a car that
tickets were issued to you don't have to pay them since auhorities
will eventually give up bothering you. Does the same thing apply to
driving in bus lanes?
Does anyone know? Please let me know soon. I have got to 9 October to
pay before the amount doubles.
Thanks in advance

Accept you were wrong, got caught and are now being given the opportunity to
save some money for prompt payment. Shell out!!

Volker Finke October 5th 03 06:16 PM

Robert Woolley wrote in message . ..
On 5 Oct 2003 02:35:46 -0700, (Volker Finke) wrote:

Ring the number given on the Penalty Charge Notice and ask for advice.

I can't imagine them giving me any advice on how to cheat them. They
are more likely to tell me to cough up the money which is exactly what
I do't want to do.

You did return the tear-off slip from the V5 to DVLA when you sold the
car, didn't you?

Sure I did. The new owner already received his logbook.

Volker

Robert Woolley October 5th 03 06:22 PM

On 5 Oct 2003 11:16:51 -0700, (Volker Finke) wrote:

Robert Woolley wrote in message . ..
On 5 Oct 2003 02:35:46 -0700,
(Volker Finke) wrote:

Ring the number given on the Penalty Charge Notice and ask for advice.

I can't imagine them giving me any advice on how to cheat them. They
are more likely to tell me to cough up the money which is exactly what
I do't want to do.

But if you aren't the car's registered keeper, then you're not
cheating them, are you?

You did return the tear-off slip from the V5 to DVLA when you sold the
car, didn't you?

Sure I did. The new owner already received his logbook.

Follow up then.

You did say that it is no longer your vehicle?

Rob.
--
rob at robertwoolley dot co dot uk

Volker Finke October 5th 03 06:24 PM

"Cast_Iron" wrote in message news

Accept you were wrong, got caught and are now being given the opportunity to
save some money for prompt payment. Shell out!!

Well, my idea was more to accept that I was wrong and NOT pay up. And
that exactly I was seeking advice for, not some moral preaching. But
thank you anyway.

Volker

Robert Woolley October 5th 03 09:24 PM

Caught driving on a bus lane by camera - what to do?

(Volker Finke) wrote:

Ring the number given on the Penalty Charge Notice and ask for advice.

I can't imagine them giving me any advice on how to cheat them. They
are more likely to tell me to cough up the money which is exactly what
I do't want to do.

But if you aren't the car's registered keeper, then you're not
cheating them, are you?

My mistake. I re-read the original post.

Pay up now, and avoid the fine doubling.

Rob.
--
rob at robertwoolley dot co dot uk